Future Floor Wax Dip...

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Future Floor Wax Dip...

Postby genghis ken » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Pete any chance of a pic or two on what the finished result looks like? Also have you tried any of these methods on whites? The time I tried it the whites darkened up way to much to be suitable.
genghis ken

Postby deFl0 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:34 am

I'm not sure white is the most suitable color for dipping...

That said I took a bunch of pictures, just need to down load them. I'll put it up when I put up my IG painting blog.

I dipped my harlequins which probably have some 20 colors on them. They should be a pretty good guide to what dips well and what doesn't from a color perspective.

That said the antique walnut is pretty light. If you thinned it a little you'd probably be ok to dip with it, ubt it is decidedly brown. Bleach bone would look better. The black tudor is much more black, or even the classic black. If you cut it with mineral spirits you might be better off. Also, wiping a min down after being dipped with a cosmetic sponge form the drug store or foam from a blister is a great way to re move dip, so large flat surface could be more preserved.

Pete
deFl0

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Where's our tutorial ???
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby subversive » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks for the archaeology work Leah.

Anyone: has anybody tried removing this stuff? Does it come off with Simple Green?
subversive

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Minwax or Future?

Future Floor is just clear acrylic - simple green will do to it what it does to the acrylics you paint with.

No idea about Minwax.
WickerNipple

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks for the archaeology work Leah.

np!
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting