Guerilla Glue is Awesome...

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Guerilla Glue is Awesome...

Postby Pariah » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Pariah

Re: Guerilla Glue is Awesome...

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Image VS Image

Always a good time!

But yeah it's good construction grade glue.
WickerNipple

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Cutest geurilla evaH!
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Pariah » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

What exactly is Guerilla glue? Is it an epoxy? Is it a cyno acrylate like zap a gap or crazy glue? Their website is kind of vague on the details...
Pariah

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Guerilla glue is the spiritual purity that holds together the Sons and Daughters of the True Revolution.

However, Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane adhesive with additives to increase its reactivity to dihydrogen monoxide (water). The reactivity manifests in both effervescence (foaming) and curing speed. It's principle advantages as an adhesive derive from its property of expanding to intermingle with porous materials, particularly wood and pulp products. It's principle disadvantages derive from it's low stainability, and the relatively weak strength of gap-filling bonds, (because of the bubbles trapped in the cured matrix).

The foam rocks application explored on BoLS is very cool. I wonder at the cost effectiveness of the technique, given the cost of the adhesive vs pumice or scoria.

On a distantly related side note, the critical aspects of the guerilla/gorilla distinction are best represented by the failure of the Unites States of America to prevail in the Vietnam War. It seems that McNamara was under the misapprehension that that nation was engaged in a "gorilla war" and was consequently unprepared to lead the Dept. of Defense in waging a counter-guerilla campaign.

S? kh
Emperors Reckoning

Postby Pariah » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:02 am

Wow... that's kind of embarrassing... if I were a zoology teacher, I wouldn't make this mistake :).
Pariah

Postby slann » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:02 am

I have been using this glue for a while now and love it , great price for the large bottle you get , holds plastics together very well and has a bit of thickness to it that allows you too glue stuff with out having to hold it for long . Also it has a really nice heavy duty top which prevents the bottle from drying out , also has a decent control tip .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Pariah » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 pm

What are polyethylene and polypropylene plastics? Are they the ones GW uses? Are they used in toys? Gorilla glue can't be used with these plastics it says.
Pariah

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:22 pm

What GW and other mini manufacturers call "Hard Plastic" is Polystyrene.
WickerNipple

Postby Alamoth » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:01 am

I've used Gorilla Glue to put together furniture and cabinets but never terrain. I did use it to glue together a bunch of cardboard to make a box for priming models. Be warned though, that shit will stick much harder than your normal superglue will. Do not get it on your hand and then touch your face unless you want to go to the hospital.
Death to the False Emperor
Alamoth

Next

Return to Modeling and Painting