Space wolves thunderwolf cavalry

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Space wolves thunderwolf cavalry

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

So I'm trying to decide if I can do space wolves without spending any money. The only models that I would need are thunderwolf cav. One thought that I had was to create scenic bases from chaos hounds and space marines with jump packs (of which I have about 20 that I never use because they suck), jumping off rocks and mauling nids or some-such xenos scum. I've been trying to figure out if this would be an "acceptable" option. I don't think it's nearly as cool as the other option i've been toying with (casting juggernaughts and doing chaos-wolves), but it would be so much easier. Does anyone think I would run into backlash when playing against people that I don't know?

Also on this note, if anyone has a juggernaught mold already done that I could borrow for a week or two to cast some jugs with that would be awesome.The chaos wolves are definetly my preferred option to do this army but I'm far too lazy to create the mold myself (at least I'm honest, right?). Strat-cash rental fee available.
Ian
Daggermouth

Re: Space wolves thunderwolf cavalry

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 am

You are welcome to borrow my mold, granded it makes space shark cav, but you may be able to convert them, + I have a marine leg mould for riders
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby deFl0 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Jugs aren't an easy cast... The legs are problematic. For the new casts at least. That said, I think your idea is completely acceptable as long as they are on the right size bases.

The other option is chaos knights. They look bad ass and are an easy conversion.
deFl0

Postby Daggermouth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah. I thought about chaos knights too. Jugs would be nice, but they may not he worth the effort. Knights aren't that expensive.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm

ya, chaos knights are a great idea, and should be easy to convert marines onto, I'd prouably spend some time shaving the chaos icons off them though (not that hard) and adding a some wolf / marine icons

the big bike purity seals are from the DA sprews are great
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Return to Modeling and Painting