Andy Banners

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Andy Banners

Postby deFl0 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Andy,

I'm doing banners on all my tanks. I'm going to be printing them out on canvas, and folding them over a brass rod (flag pole)

Then use super glue to give it rigid form, and then use ink and futuve to shade it. Maybe some high lights to make is painted looking.

Anyway, I know you've implemented a similar process. Any tips I might have missed?

Pete
deFl0

Re: Andy Banners

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeah don't use super glue. Do 3-4 layers of plain white glue that you've watered down substantially. And let it totally dry and shit before you move on to the further stages!

Mine didn't turn out how I wanted them to on the dark elves at all, it was just what I could do at 3am before the tourney. :lol: I think they look like crap, but they're done and I'm lazy so haven't bothered with em. I need to get around to replacing them - when are you doing this? Might just do it with you.
WickerNipple

Postby deFl0 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:00 pm

My Father prints his fine art photography as Giclee prints on canvas.

http://www.sutherlandphotos.com/

It gives his images a very watercolor or oil painting feel. Plus it's printed at amazing precision, so I I think I could do some amazing images and detail. Plus it has some texture and it's cloth so I think it might translate better.

The other think I was thinking is that it fabic so it has threads, so I think you could do very realistic battle damage.

All largely speculation at this point, but I'm interested to see how it comes out. I plan on calling him tonight to find out more.

Pete
deFl0

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Lemme know if I can get in on that experiment. I can send you the images to print.
WickerNipple

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Me three. If you're able to get a bunch printed I can send you some stuff as well.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby deFl0 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Kinkos actually has a service i might use. still figuring out details
deFl0

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 am

Well just pay for our copies and I'll lend you my expertise! :lol: :lol:
WickerNipple

Postby deFl0 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 pm

So I bought some linen textured paper which I think will work really well.

I'll probably just print them at work on the color laser jet and go from there. I figure if I hit it with a dull coat before gluing I should be ok, but we'll have to see how it goes...

Feel free to shoot me your images or I can just fork you over some paper and you can print it yourself.

I think I'll try to print them up this Friday.

Pete
deFl0

Return to Modeling and Painting