United Space Marine Corps - Painting Blog - Entry 5 (To1G)

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: United Space Marine Corps - Painting Blog - Entry 4 (To1

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Jarret, I haven't been by in a bit and I must say, I've missed a lot here. The speeders a FAN frikkin TASTIC! nice job and a really great scheme. It's all looking great.

Battle damage is really nice, what method did you use? Hairspray? Salt? Inquiring minds want to know.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Re: United Space Marine Corps - Painting Blog - Entry 4 (To1

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks Leah, the speeders were a fun experience. I was very pleased with the conversion.

what method did you use? Hairspray? Salt? Inquiring minds want to know.

:lol: The battle damage is one part Swiss Army Knife, one part black paint, one part metallic paint and various amounts of Devlan Mud, that's all!
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Re: United Space Marine Corps - Painting Blog - Entry 5 (To1

Postby Anger Worm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Wanted to give everyone a quick update. I finished the remaining 5 scouts the other day that you see below meaning my combat patrol is finished! I also managed to play two 400 point patrol games this Thursday which were my first 40k games in 5th edition. These were fairly fast and furious and I learned quite a bit. I got murdered the first go round, and in the second forged the first hero in my Chapter with The Scout Sergeant Who Would Not Die. Combat patrol is a great (re)introduction to the game.

Sadly I concluded that my list is definitely lacking a 3rd troop choice, which I would love to swap in in place of the Whirlwind. 5 scout snipers w/ a ML would be a perfect fit. Given the time remaining and the unpainted ogres on my desk, I don't think I can finish 5 sniper scouts in time, so I'm likely going with what I've got!

Here they are with their various components awaiting my converting touch.

I've put the bolters on with collapsible stocks, and replaced/reposed the necessary arms.

They've got covers!

Finished!

Given both this set and the prior 5 indicator lights on their backpacks for a touch of color. Done sir done!
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Re: United Space Marine Corps - Painting Blog - Entry 5 (To1

Postby ampao » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

that was quick. looking good! GL at adepticon!
ampao

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting