Warmachine Mercenary Army

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Warmachine Mercenary Army

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon May 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Well, here I go - Mercs ! My list is headed up by Ashlynn and I want to try to keep it kinda fluffy by including as many Llaelese elements as possible. So I will be painting up an Anastasia model and must have at least one Vanguard warjack in there. Ashlynn will also command a Mangler - I am using the MKII rules when planning this list so keep that in mind (for any of you familiar with them).

I will be using Sam and the Devil Dogs. They will Marshall the Mule and I'll have Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile employed for his great stuff for this 'jack.
My other units will be the Nyss Hunters (as much as I dislike the models) and the Steelhead Halberdiers. Other units/models I'll be working on to fill out points/functions are:
Steelhead Cavalry, Stannis Brocker, Eiryss, Gorman Di Wolfe, Rupert Carvolo, Ogrun Bokur, Alexia & her Risen, Herne and Jonne, Nomad, Talon

Here is the very beginning:

Ashlynn:

Vanguard:

Mangler:
This 'jack is going to be a little different in colors as I want to use it with Magnus way down the road. If you're thinking the blue is too Cygnar looking don't worry, I'll dirty it up plenty before the end.

Capt. Samantha MacHorne:

And the Mule she'll marshall:

"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Re: Warmachine Mercenary Army

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:57 pm

The focus on those pics is really good... makes me think that your primer might have gotten powdery when you sprayed it on. Did that happen? If so, it makes smooth painting that much harder.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon May 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Yes it did and that just sucks. I decided to ignore it. I did not want to strip and reprime. Maybe a poor choice on my part but it's my choice. It's not all rough and actually may work on some of the areas ...

My mistake was I painted a little late in the afternoon and the air was cooling and getting dewy. I'm guessing that was the problem anyway.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby ZiggyQubert » Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

ya, one solution is to take a stiff toothbrush to the model, it will get all the loos power off the model (most of the models I've had this happen to are fixed with this method)
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks Brookie !
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 pm

ok, I was looking at Jen Haley's tutorial on painting faces and decided that I really need to strip these and start over if I'm gonna have a chance to really try to learn something about painting this time rather than just rush something out to bang around on the table.

So off to the simple green these are going and I'll see what else I have that I can work on while they soak a bit.
Amazonwarlord

Postby slann » Tue May 12, 2009 4:06 pm

brookie put your stiff toothbrush away :oops:
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby ZiggyQubert » Fri May 15, 2009 3:31 pm

it's not stiff anymore....
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri May 15, 2009 3:50 pm

I have that effect on men.
Amazonwarlord

Return to Modeling and Painting