Any Ideas On A New Way To Paint Bone?

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Any Ideas On A New Way To Paint Bone?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:51 am

Cult of Pleasure (Slaaneshi Dark Elves from the Sotrm of Chaos campaign).
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:56 am

You mean Cult of Slaanesh 8o

They don't even really count as elves anymore they're so good.
mauleed

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:00 am

That's the one. They're great. They're a good army to use a mixed approach with. Cav, greater daemon, shooting, magic, ranks and flanks, a mix of immune to psych and regular psych. They're also fast and tera through light troops, while having problems with armored, high-toughness foes. Very interesting to play with and against.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Larro » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:05 am

I won't be bringing Elves to any GTs. Maybe to the Indy when everyone else brings theirs, but that's about it. So yes, we'll have *someone* trying to run the table. :hat

- Larr
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mauleed » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:08 am

Like I said Nidal, CoS doesn't even count as elves. It's elves that failed the banned substances testing.
mauleed

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:13 am

:lol Elves are pretty versatile. I don't know what the deal is with people saying they can't do well. Andy's chariot/cav version is certainly strong enough to consistently do well. People complain about HE infantry... it's fine! It has subtle nuances which make each unit slightly better in some way than other infantry of other armies. It's up to the elf player to learn how to use them. Their magic is the BEST (assuming you're not counting the overpowered 2nd gen slaan with skink batteries). The thing with elves is that you can't have it all, so get to choosing, and figure out ways to win. People are just too lazy to do well with them. I guarantee you that the WM's will go down to whichever GT is next, and pull with our combined elven armies, overall, a 60%+ win record.
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:21 am

I look forward to you showing me the error of my ways.
mauleed

Postby Larro » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:00 am

Alright losers, next time you two debate over which Orc and Goblin variant is the most subtly powerful, I'M going to hijack YOUR THREAD and make sure nothing I say is substantive to the question originally asked.

This thread is not about Elves. It's about painting. It's even IN THE MODELING AND PAINTING SECTION. Go figure!

At least Ed made an earlier attempt by posing an idea. Nidal, you're simply a waste. :lol

But yeah seriously, any else out there?

- Larr
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby elrodogg » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:00 am

Larry might want to try a dark purple and then highlight up with a light grey (using that light grey as the last highlight). Vallejo colors would be Hexed lichen highlighted up with stonewall grey (not sure of the gw equivalents). I think it might work for you or at least it's worth a test model. ;)
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -dumbuket » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:06 am

Pete does bone very well - his plague bearers have some purty horns.

Otherwise, I'd consider the "bleached bone, brush on minwax walnut varnish mixed with paint thinner, apply semigloss" technique - speedy skeletons and they don't look bad.
-dumbuket

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting