Anyone see the diatribe against NMM in this WD?

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Anyone see the diatribe against NMM in this WD?

Postby -Papa Gino » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:40 pm

I still wonder why GW would sanction something like this.

They can't have gone through all that trouble just to boost sales of Boltgun Metal...
-Papa Gino

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:46 pm

I suppose it is possible that they are allowing the "prominent hobbyist" column to be published in true editorial fashion without another agenda.
Emperors Reckoning

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 pm

What's the big deal? It's not like you HAVE to paint with metallics or you can't bring your minis to the GT. It's one guy's opinion, and you have to give GW credit for letting him have his say rather than the old company line of "paint as much as possible, as quickly as possible, any way you want as long as you buy stuff".
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Papa Gino » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:04 pm

Nidal - like any other publication, GW prints these things for a reason. A specific business and/or strategic reason. That has nothing to do with "giving" someone a forum to express their own opinion on painting techniques.

Hence, my curiosity. What possible gain are they hoping to extract from this...hmm. Several ideas off bat, but nothing that justifies allocating an entire page to this thing.
-Papa Gino

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting