Eldar Conversion Ideas

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Eldar Conversion Ideas

Postby -Thrax » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:42 pm

Having a hard time with this one. Other than Farseer conversions, I've seen fewer conversions of Eldar than any other army. Does anyone have any good ideas? I'm stumped.

T.
-Thrax

Re: Eldar Conversion Ideas

Postby elrodogg » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:46 pm

The obvious answer is exodites. The new plastic wood elf models lend themselves to conversion. Otherwise mix in some dark elf bitz to change up the bodies on the guardians.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Re: Eldar Conversion Ideas

Postby deFl0 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:11 pm

Eldar are tough to covert but there is an amzing how too at Eldar online.

Some guy basically remade all the aspects out of exarchs and guardina bits. Looks amazing.

I'm working on a a Saim Hann force right now and I use a ton of the Old Epic Falcon titan back fins on my tanks and jet bikes.

Head swaps are also a great way to go. Elven heads really change the look of an eldar army and makes them feel more alive. I'm using the storm guadian heads for my entire army to make it look really different. I wish they made different helmuts for each craft world, talka bout a bit that would be bought alot.

Also, people really enjoy making their waveserpents interesting, and I've seen tons of conversions with waraithlords, especially with the old harlequin jet bike face and the tyrannid zoanthrope.

You also have the farseer on a jet bike conversion, or different wings for you swooping walks.

Guardians can also use the way watcher body for some good conversions.

Hope that helps,

Pete
deFl0

Return to Modeling and Painting