Jin--Magnetic basing links?

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Jin--Magnetic basing links?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:33 am

Jin, could you post the name of the place you ordered your magnets from, or a link? And could you include the sizes you used? (I think you said 1/8" for regular bases and the next smallest one for cav, right?)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: Jin--Magnetic basing links?

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:20 pm

Hey, let me get in on this order of yours. I need magnets for my DOW before I kill myself after trying to rank up pikemen over and over
-Jarrett

Postby -LcKedovan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:15 pm

Nidal,

You talking Rare Earth Magnets? I know a bunch of people on here order from this place: www.amazingmagnets.com

They had put a hold on orders till about a week ago but as soon as they opened up I got about 370 magnets from em (in different sizes). Fast and efficient delivery.

-W.
-LcKedovan

Postby -dijinn » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:30 pm

I had heard good things about Amazing Magnets but a few weeks ago you couldn't order through their website. So, I found this website: www.kjmagnetics.com and can't complain about them at all. I got my orders within 4 days of placing it and I've ordered about 400-500 magnets from them in two seperate orders.

I'll get you the exact sizes of the magnets I used as soon as I get home tonight.

- J.
-dijinn

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:33 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -LcKedovan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:36 pm

Yeah, they had a hold on orders at Amazing Magnets for a month (maybe to deal with backlog and a web design change). They are up and running as normal again.

-W.
-LcKedovan

Postby deFl0 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:35 am

Nidal,

Gale force 9 has entire magnetic basing system. Or are you looking for little rare earth magnets?

Pete
deFl0

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:38 am

The little ones are EXCELLENT and far cheaper and easier to use. Jin's basing system was very strong and looked effortless to put together. One drop of glue, no cutting, measuring, nothing! You don't even have to be careful to put the magnet in the exact right spot. Anywhere on the base will do fine.
VectorAWX3

Postby AndyP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:58 pm

They look fantastic, just what I've been looking for.

What size do Jin and Nidal recommend?

Andy P
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:35 am

BUMP!

Jin, when you get the chance, can you get us those measurements? Thanks!
VectorAWX3

Next

Return to Modeling and Painting