Saturday 9/10 Painting?

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Saturday 9/10 Painting?

Postby -dijinn » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:36 am

Hey Nidal,

Are we still trying to do another painting session for this Saturday at your place? Just trying to plan out my weekend and if you were thinking of hosting another club painting session, I would set Saturday aside.

- J.
-dijinn

Re: Saturday 9/10 Painting?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:13 pm

Yup! My place, same as last time. 10ish to 4ish (or whenvever). (we'll see who shows up when) :p First people to come get the best seats. If anyone needs directions, check the chamber, or otherwise let me know.

My focus this weekend: eyes and skin on 36 elves to be complete. Possible assembly of 36 more elves. (I figured I'd get all the assembley and basecoats done on all the GI's then move on to the skin, followed by armor shading. The shields come last.)

I'm painting this army ridiculously fast. :)

How are your armies progressing?
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:30 am

Uh.. completely finished my first 5 crossbows!

Nidal, do you do your painting steps on entire units at once
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:36 am

I used to do it model by model (or at most, in batches of 5 or 10). With this new army, I'm doing all the infantry (most of the damn army, really) at once, with the exception of the first couple of test figures. Unfortunately, since I didn't have the last two units, I'll have to go back and get those 2 units up to speed before I finish the first 2 units (which are completely basecoated and quite presentable at this point, excepting the shields). It goes MUCH faster.

The highlighting will have to be individual, of course, but at least the army will be GT playable in no-time, in case I want to take it to some small tourney for a test-run.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby warmongerclub » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:43 am

I've got ONE gnoblar done! whoo hooo!!!

But at least I have a paint scheme I like for them, so should start banging them out at a frantic pace (like one a week).

Love to come Saturday, but I am Mr Mom all weekend.

Jim
warmongerclub

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:45 am

Bring the girls... we'll have them make runs to CS for more paint when we run out. They can borrow the 'Zoundsmobile. The baby can drive.
VectorAWX3

Postby -dijinn » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:03 pm

Dammit,

I won't be able to make it this Saturday Nidal. I have to help a friend move... :rolleyes

Next time... I WILL be there!

- J.
-dijinn

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:07 pm

So who's interested? We may cancel this week, as there doesn't seem to be too much interest.
VectorAWX3

Return to Modeling and Painting