Nidals Paint and Play test models

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Nidal's Paint and Play test models

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:05 pm

Matt, I've got a great trick I came up with... I'll tell you at the club. I don't want anyone doing it before I do. :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 pm

I'm sorry Nidal, I missed this whole thread.

To do my basing method, you have to apply the basing material before gluing the models to the bases and before priming.

But it's super super easy.
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:41 pm

Alright... I'll just have to figure out a way to do it post-gluing. :p It was totally assinine of me not to base them before I glued and primed. 8o
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:02 pm

Yeah ... forgot your bases are sand so cream might not be the best.

Yellow, brown
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:08 pm

I think you should split the armor. Right now the green is so powerful it looks like the whole model is that color even though it isn't. Even if you did just flat chestplate pieces around hte shoulders another color it would spice up the model alot.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -dijinn » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:00 pm

Hey Nidal,

Here are the 2 test figures I painted a while back... like 2 years ago I think... heh. If you want to steal the color scheme or any portion of it, be my guest.

- J.
-dijinn

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:05 pm

Ugh! It looks like the armor was scavenged from two different armies! ;) Forget that! Armor stays one color. The cloth will be a different color, then. Purple-pastel it is! (I'll post results sometime this weekend).
VectorAWX3

Postby -LcKedovan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:48 am

Ahhh, I didn't realise you had a scab red history (though I should have guessed ;) )....One advantage at least is that you would have the paint! I guess in this case my second choice of purple of some sort and based on what I have seen of Matt's stuff I would go with his pastel recommendation rather than my dark purple one. :)

-W.
-LcKedovan

Postby slann » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 am

Looks great leave cloth black i like that ,i would just splash some bone or ivory to some spots to breack up the green.Like make the 3 sections in the lower half of the chest armor ivory and the thin outer border to the skirt,and maybe the crest around the gem on the helm.also i think if you did the shield half green half black and on the green side do a black symbol or rune and on the black side a green one.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:22 am

I honestly do not believe you can apply this method to models that are already glued on.

You could cut them off the bases though, I have a hunch you could get away without priming the sand material.

I'll bring in the materials next week and show you how to do it and what the product looks like (Liquitex Ceramic Stucco Texture Gel).

You bring: one model, one base.

I also think you need to break up the color somehow.
WickerNipple

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting