Looking for a Plastic Purity seal(s). with good reason

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Looking for a Plastic Purity seal(s). with good reason

Postby -Sgt Dirty Dozen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:18 pm

I know I've seen a plastic purity seal somewhere. Anyone seen one?

I want one to put on my Inquisitor's Psycannon to denote that it's Master-Crafted.

(Kinda makes it look like it won a first-prize ribbon in the shooting competition at the local fair).
-Sgt Dirty Dozen

Re: Looking for a Plastic Purity seal(s). with good reason

Postby Jeramakus » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:29 pm

Plastic purity seals come on some if not most of the Space Marine sprues. However, you can *easily* make your own out of putty. Just do a search for "purity seal tutorial" and you're golden...
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby -Sgt Dirty Dozen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:01 am

Thanks Bro.
-Sgt Dirty Dozen

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:46 pm

Just find ANY marine player. He has 40,000 extra purity seals. (That's why they call it Warhammer 40K.)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -JohnnyWooWoo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:31 am

Hey,I just finished building an inquisitor with 5 added purity seals on his armor.Take some small gauge plastic modelling rod(I used .080")and slice off some thin medallions.These are your wax seals.Now grab some sheet styrene(.020,but next time I'll go thinner) and cut a narrow strip.Cut one piece with a very sharp,long angle at the length you need and glue it to the gun.Cut another piece with no angle and glue it beside the first.Glue the medallion on top and use the tip of your knife to make an indentation in the seal to simulate the pressed wax.This is quite easy if the plastic was cut fairly thin and is still wet from the glue.I've added long seals to all the vehicle weapons in my Daemonhunter/Guard army.A bit of heat and they look like they're blowing in the wind.Give it a try.
-JohnnyWooWoo

Postby Jeramakus » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:49 am

That sounds very time consuming. Take some green stuff, roll it into a tiny ball. Take the flat end of a round file or the top of a Bic pen and push into the ball. Cut a tiny strip of paper or, alternately, again use green stuff rolled flat for the parchment. Let cure. Apply where needed.
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby -Mortifactor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:35 am

and any player with 40000 purity seals lying around, send them too me.... I'll use 'em all in one squad...
-Mortifactor

Return to Modeling and Painting