Need some ideas for a Titan...

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Need some ideas for a Titan...

Postby -thx10050 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:57 pm

I'm looking for a model that'll make a good base for a more futuristic-looking Titan conversion without breaking my bank account. I was thinking of an ED-209 1/6 scale model (it stands 11 inches high), but the only place I found to buy such a model is in England and costs about 81 dollars.

It's also a vinyl model (I have no clue what that means), if that makes for even more problems. Here's the link: www.frontiermodels.co.uk/...s_Kits.htm

I was also thinking of the Robot from the Lost in Space movie from a few years ago. Here's the link to that:

www.robotoys.com/st_prod....p_catid=63

Any thoughts or other suggestions for a model base?

Thanks. :)
-thx10050

Re: Need some ideas for a Titan...

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:12 am

The first one would be the closest to a warhound titan, which I have ... the older version, I think Armorcast made. But it still doesn't look 40K'ish enough for my taste. You'd have to scratch built a decent wolf head to make it fit more
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:14 am

Also, for another $30 to $50 bucks, you can find the armorcast warhound on ebay and not have to worry about converting. I bought mine on there for about $110 to $125. For that little bit of extra cash, it's worth it IMHO
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby -thx10050 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:05 am

Well, this Titan is supposed to look different from normal Titans, Lou, hence why I'm looking for models I could convert to look like an awesome, towering, death-dealing machine.

That being said, I think I'll go with the Lost in Space model. It looks high tech and as long as I add a huge number of bits and whatnot to it, I can even use it in a GW store, heh. :) I'll probably make it the equivalent of a Reaver Titan, with 3 weapons.
-thx10050

Postby -onimusha » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:22 am

I think that's going to look great. I'd try and add some 40K type weapons to it to give it a 40K feel, while still having it look great and high tech. Any really big heavy weapons you happen to have lying around will do. Basilisk cannons are always a great weapon to add to titans...

You can also make big cannons like that out of pens...
-onimusha

Postby -Kid Kyoto » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:52 am

I got an old Robotech hovertank and turned it into a titan by removing the head, mounting a skull from a halloween store on the chest and weapons on the shoulders.

I can send pictures if you want.
-Kid Kyoto

Postby -thx10050 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:58 am

Pictures for inspiration would be awesome. :)

Send them here: thx10050@yahoo.com
-thx10050

Postby -Kid Kyoto » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:43 am

Actually I posted them last night, see them and all my other crappy miniatures here:
www.pbase.com/kidkyoto/miniatures

Here's a before shot with a rhino for scale and my scout titan in the foreground (converted Joy Ride Studios Battletech Mad Cat). Omega Supreme is an old Matchbox Robotech Veritech Hovertank from the 80s.

Here's a prepainting shot. I decided that Omega, as he is so supreme, needed to have more skulls than anything else in the army. The skull head with the skull on the forehead was just inspired.

Alas I do not have a painted picture and he is tucked away in a box right now but maybe soon...
-Kid Kyoto

Return to Modeling and Painting