need some help.

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

need some help.

Postby slann » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:16 am

Hey whats up all, i just feel like my painting has come to a halt not in the sense as not getting anything done (have to play world of warcraft less) but my skill.I feel like i hit a wall in the middle of the road , my painting has gotten so much better over the years but i feel like i should be further than i am i was looking threw magazines , checking some painting clinics online but i just cant seem to get that push i need to move onto the next level.

I have been wanting to enter stuff into golden demon but i know unless iam lucky and the heavy hitters arnt there i probably will not place.

I think the only way to move on is to get a group of skilled painters together to share tips , nothing is better than seeing something done in person. I think it would be a good idea to get together maybe 2 times a month order some food maybe some beer and just paint share tips and so forth. Getting involved in a group also gets you motivated to paint better as well.

I put this out there to see what you guys and gals think...
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Re: need some help.

Postby mattbird » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:27 pm

I'd be up for doing something once a month on saturdays
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby subversive » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:40 pm

A bunch of the Dice Dogs (NJ) guys get together once a week at our president's house for a painting night to train the new guys, share tips, etc. It's definitely worthwhile and elevates the group as a whole, plus gives us an excuse to play with toy soldiers one more night a week :)
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:02 pm

I've got LOTS of space at my place in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn for painting/gaming/drinking if anyone is interested. Maybe a "neighborhood painting night" would get me motivated. :)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -dijinn » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:04 am

I would be up for club painting sessions... not sure about once a week but once or twice a month on the weekends would be awesome. Nidal's place works for me! Especially, since it's not too far down the street from me.

So, who's going to run and organize these events? I think it should be between James and Nidal! So, start duking it out guys!

- J.
-dijinn

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:06 am

James doesn't live too far from me, either. Chris is VERY close, and I know he's be interested. Plus, the Larry/Jarret/OtherJarret :p gang are occasionally in the hood.

Jin, I'd be glad to start something up ASAP to get my @$$ in gear. Let me know when. For example, I'm free this Saturday, but not Sunday. If not, then maybe next week. Anyone else who wants to drop is of course welcome.

Who's interested?
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby slann » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:12 am

ok , i am also free sat. even if everyone cant make it this weekend the people who do show can talk over how often we meet up and so forth.

Also its awsome that Nidal has the room to get this going also i think it should be up to him to set up time and dates since it is his house.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby -dijinn » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:30 pm

Well, I'm leaving for Gencon this weekend in like 30 minutes... so, this weekend is out. But if anyone would like to try to get together at Nidal's next Sat, I'm up for it!

- J.
-dijinn

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:38 pm

I'll throw it in my calendar. Have fun at Gencon! I'm going to see if I can get in contact with Chris. It seems he rarely checks the boards these days.
VectorAWX3

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 pm

In spite of the distance involved I'd love to come out. And Nidal's place is easy enough to drive to which is a plus if I'm bringing painting crap.

I want to learn some cool stuff!
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Next

Return to Modeling and Painting