golden demons going downhill?

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

golden demons going downhill?

Postby mattbird » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:57 am

is it me, or has the quality of this years winners gone down a notch or three? I assume this is because none of the 'big names' have been entering stuff?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Re: golden demons going downhill?

Postby savaughn » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:42 pm

Have a particular Daemon contest or two in mind, Matt?

The LA GT surprised me a bit. Personally I like Tom Schadle's clean lines, but they pix I saw didn't seem to compare to some of the amazing shading and color use I've seen in other years. I know some people really don't like his stuff, though. It does seem like there's been a lack of the really impressive stuff like the reflective ambient lighting or SENMM we've seen in other years.

That said, what I've heard about Victor's piece... Someone get that man his Daemon so we can get pix of that thing!
savaughn

Postby -diel ka than » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:19 pm

Yah, Verzani was supposed to enter some pieces but got into a car accident on the way to chicago

One was a slann mage priest I commissioned.
I've seen pictures, and it's pretty friggin nice...
-diel ka than

Postby mattbird » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:12 pm

just generally this year's contests seem vry weak to me, to the point where I start thinking 'I can beat that' whereas in year's past it would not have entered my mind.

Raul, you commission pieces?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -diel ka than » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:06 am

yes, sometimes.

I have a bit of a collection myself.

Apart from looking really nice on my desk, I like to study them. Both from a color and application of paint point of view.

I don't generally yank them out or talk so much about them - but I do have them.
-diel ka than

Postby subversive » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:03 am

I've also noticed quality slipping a little. Since I'm not that well versed in the who's who of the painting world, I didn't really pay it much mind.

Here's a theory: is there a GD done at each Conflict event now? Could more events mean that the "heavy hitters" can't be everywhere at once and there's just more room for pieces that aren't A+++ work?
subversive

Return to Modeling and Painting