rotting laviathan *update*

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

rotting laviathan *update*

Postby -dogfender » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:18 am

Well Im nearly finnished converting 1 of my laviathans for my zombie pirats of the vampire coast. I decieded to base my Laviathan off a nautalis, which is basically a shelled octopus. There really is no way of making the laviathan look rotting until the paint job, but I added many cuts into the tenticles, a broken harpoon stuck in the beast, and an axe, not to mention a very large gash on its side. To add to him, on his shell he has part of a net which has stuck on him after time. I though it would be a neat addition as if while fighting the beast someone tried to wrangle him, or perhaps it was stuck in a fishermans net b4 reaching the surface and attacking. Seaweed is also add to the net and the shell. It is there but quite hard to make out against all the white.

Questions, comments, crit. and suggestions welcome =)

PS not shown is the little sea star i made to have stuck in the net.

lav 1
lav 2
size comp
gash
-dogfender

Re: rotting laviathan *update*

Postby -LcKedovan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:16 pm

Looks cool, would love to see it painted up!

-W.
-LcKedovan

Postby -dogfender » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:25 pm

Well I have been painting this guy on and off for a short while. Heres a WIP of the monster without his shell, so mind his deformed head. Although I like the green of his tentacles I have run into a problem; do I shade from grey up to white for the top? or should I just make the cut and gashed areas that way?

Really open to any suggestions as to what other 'rotting' colors I could incorperate on to him. IE wth do I do with his scales?

update

mrm
-dogfender

Postby -NightGoblinHordeLeader » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:12 am

That's awesome.

Get out. You make me ashamed of my miniature skills.
-NightGoblinHordeLeader

Postby -poffypoffa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:54 am

I would use a thick rusty wash around the edges of the scales, dripping down the beast like some form of gore. I would also paint the eyes with bilious green (which you can't get from GW anymore, but you can get from Vallejo. It's similar to Scorpion green)
-poffypoffa

Return to Modeling and Painting