"Vallejo, the paint for the pros" do you guys use

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

"Vallejo, the paint for the pro's" do you guys use

Postby -high54simon » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:59 pm

i was just surfing the net, and i came across a banner saying vallejo are what the paints the pros use to get their golden demon swords etc.

of all my years as an art student personally, ive never heard of this brand (probably because i bought things for the canvas and not for the mini)

but i just want to hear what you guys that has used it and if its worth it.(bear in mind, i love painting mini's, when i do get into it, unfortunetly, it hasnt been recently, but maybe this is the thing i need to get me back into it!)

also i overheard some GW employees talking about it saying how its the perfect paints for blending and smooth color transitions. and as i ebay this color set now, they are pretty expensive, even for ebay!

yikes!
-high54simon

Re: "Vallejo, the paint for the pro's" do you guys use

Postby -shinjikun1 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:22 am

the strat has them for $2.9
-shinjikun1

Re: "Vallejo, the paint for the pro's" do you guys use

Postby -poffypoffa » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:23 am

Nothing compares to the Vallejo. I've tried the GW, Badger, Adicolor, the Game Colors and the Model Colors, and the Vallejos are, IMO, clearly superior.

The Game Colors and Model Colors are quite different--the GC are much easier to use. Most GD painters do use Vallejo these days, although I know one or two who still stick to the GW colors (although mostly the old Citadel ones, which are now Coat 'd Arms)
-poffypoffa

Return to Modeling and Painting