Ashlynn Warmachine Army Blog -Anastasia revised 12/20

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Ashlynn Warmachine Army Blog -Anastasia revised 12/20

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am

I am going to be redoing the Ashlynn army I started here: http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6705

I have soaked the models in simple green from that time until 4 days ago when I decided to take em out and get them ready for try #2. Needless to say, all the glue bonds are broken and the models require reassembly. That's not a bad thing as it might be nice for me to take my time this time around and actually attempt some small conversions on the models to make em stand apart.

In the mean time I have plenty of Rhulic models for A Searforge Commision list to field while I work on Ashlynn and her friends. This way I get to play the new shiny MK II rules and not worry about ruining any of my work.

So, when I return to sunny Florida this weekend I'll see if I can't get to reassembly/conversions (if any) and post new pics and get this project going.
Last edited by Amazonwarlord on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Re: Restarting the Ashlynn Warmachine Army

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:31 am

First thing to think about: Ashlynn's hair and pose. Not a big fan of either so I'll sleep on it and see what I can come up with. Maybe a head swap, or GS a hood for her or something. I also don't like how stiff she looks. So I'll work on some repositioning.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:51 am

Question: How much washing is enough to get the simple green off the model? How much do I have to worry about Simple Green residue?
Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:36 am

Not alot of washing is required. A dunk in soap water followed by a thorough rinse should be enough.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 am

k, thanks !
Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 am

Oh one other major thing, make sure it's thoroughly dried before priming.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:48 am

Also no chewing.
WickerNipple

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Also no chewing.

:lol:

kk, I'll try to restrain myself.
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Ok, here is my minor conversion of Ashlynn. I brought her pistol arm forward, bent the hand and gun a little, cut off her head and repositioned it to look down her gun arm.

Amazonwarlord

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:41 am

Damn she's skinny! :lol:

The joint between the arms and chest looks a bit unnatural. Could use a touch of greenstuff there.
WickerNipple

Next

Return to Modeling and Painting