My Chaos Dwarfs 4.0

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: My Chaos Dwarfs 4.0

Postby Larro » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Awesome! Look what I started! I got Birdoff painting again! :P

What about your Rats?

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:48 am

I like gray skin for CDs like D&D Duergar. If you use the straight gray palette instead of the blue grays for the NMM it should look pretty different.

Otherwise I'd go with off-black, or brown skin. It would give them a more middle eastern feel to pair with their semi-Persian ( :oops: fear of Arash's pimp hand is running strong) features (beards, scale armor, ridiculous hats etc.).
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby The Gunslinger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 am

Love it. For the skin, try a pale flesh color. Maybe a 50/50 mix of zombie green & flesh? The whole model has a lot of pahzaz but then the skin color is just eh. Well done, but eh.

Also, what do you think of minor source lighting on just the hands, beard and gun? It seems like you don't need to apply it to the armor.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby subversive » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:31 pm

I think source lighting will look fine with the red scale mail. You just need the lighting on the undersides of the hands and guns and it will come together.

Not a fan of the zombie skin, though with some source lighting it might work. Maybe a cool grey, lighter by a couple of shades than the silver of the gun? And/or darker base color for the gun's NMM. Or brass guns.
subversive

Postby Gannon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Looking good MB, keep up the good work, and post up those updates. Awesome job.
Gannon

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting