Restore Stephen Baldwin

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Restore Stephen Baldwin

Postby Pixelsponge » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 am

Luke
Pixelsponge

Re: Restore Stephen Baldwin

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 am

That's GOT to be a put-on. I mean, that's one step below some dude handing out pins and saying "vote for my pumpkin orcs as playher's choice so I can tell my wife I won something." I'm betting it gets shut down as fast as Baldwin can get a court-order.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby ampao » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:01 am

Viva los Bio-dome!
ampao

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:54 am

sorry, but I did read previous to this that Baldwin is Born-again. Now whether or not he is ok with the half-cocked comparison to Job is another question.

If he does endorse this, it is one of the worst Snake-oil abuses in recent past that I have seen. The people restored Job? Correct me if I'm wrong but GOD restored job in the eyes of all who knew him ... not the other way around.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 pm

here is what Job 42:10 says

After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.

Then comes 42:11

All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the LORD had brought upon him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring.

And if you read the book of Job, it details Jobs trials and fall from grace of all who knew him. Job finally comes before God and questions him. God's response is one of the most awe inspiring bits of the old testament. And when God is done Job is so very humbled, he takes back his questions. God also speaks to the 3 main defamers of Jobs integrity. They make sacrifices and Job intercedes on their behalf as God instructed him to. It is ONLY AFTER this that God does restore Job. After Job prays fervently for forgiveness of his detractors.

I hate this kind of warping of any written source and much more so one that has a blind unquestioning following of people who have not even fucking read it. The ignoramuses will accept the misplaced words as "gospel" and fall in line and give to this jack-ass for the glory of GOD.

Here is the full passage about Job's restoration and see what it has that Stephen's does not. (Hint: humility)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job%2042:1-11&version=NIV
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 pm

We should restore Kurt Cobain & Nirvana. That would make more sense than Stephen Balwin...

"Outta the ground!
Into the sky!
Outta the sky!
Into the dirt."

BTW, Mr.Mustache would rock as our theme song. It has nothing to do with mustaches, except for the title...

"Fill me in on your new vision
Wake me up with indecision
Help me trust your mighty wisdom
Yes I eat cow - I am not proud."

No wine/beer/alcohol here. Just coffee and late hours. :mario:
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Off Topic