Official details of the next 2 Horus Heresy books

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Official details of the next 2 Horus Heresy books

Postby -Papa Gino » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:01 pm

From the BL website.

FULGRIM
Author - Graham McNeill
Releases - August 2007 (UK - July 2007)

The chart-topping Horus Heresy series continues to deliver high-octane action.

Graham McNeill takes the reader to the 31st millennium, when humanity is at the peak of its powers. As the Great Crusade, led by Warmaster Horus, continues to conquer the galaxy, Fulgrim, the god-like Primarch of the Emperors Children Space Marine Legion, leads his warriors into battle against a vile alien foe.

From the blood of this campaign the seeds are sown that will lead this proud legion to treachery, taking them down the darkest of paths to corruption. Leading up to the carnage of the Dropsite Massacre on Isstvan V, this is the tale of Fulgrims tragic fall from grace.

If I were to make a guess, they're going to do another "retrospective" (like in "Eisenstein" - starting off with events that took place way before the "present" in the series, i.e. Isstvan III virus bombing).

DESCENT OF ANGELS
Author - Mitchel Scanlon
Release date - November 2007 (UK - October 2007)

The long awaited story of the Dark Angels and their struggle for loyalty and honour.

This ground-breaking, SF chart-topping series tells the story of the Horus Heresy the civil war that nearly tore the Imperium apart, ten thousand years ago.

Descent of Angels delves deep into the early history of the Dark Angels Space Marine Legion and their Primarch Lion ElJohnson. When news of Horuss Treachery reaches Caliban, the loyalties of this proud and mysterious legion are tested to the limit, with tragic consequences. Mitchel Scanlon brings us the sixth novel in this breathtaking series.

I think Gav did one of these already (a book on DAs, that is, with considerable "look-back" at the events of the Heresy), but whatever...
-Papa Gino

Return to Off Topic