Ed Maule, liberal agenda and Battlestar Galactica

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Ed Maule, liberal agenda and Battlestar Galactica

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:07 am

Ed said, after the new season of BSG, "...the bottom line is that the writers knew where they wanted to go (to show off their liberal leanings and speak out against all things republican)..."

What I find funny is that this last episode I just watched was full of replublican approved flagged waving, military praising that I'm sure it would make Ed's heart beat proud.

What I have always liked about BSG is that nothing is just one sided.
No one is all good or all bad. And yes, there is a fair abount of Leftist leanings but I have never seen it mixed with so much love of the military (and I mean that sincerely - the sacrifice, the dedication, the service that men and women provide for the country they represent is very well portayed here).

I reviewed the last post about BSG and I agree the writers had a problem they dealt with a bit sloppily (I really had a hard time believing the cylons thought the best way to man's heart was through oppression)but I still think that overall it is one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Re: Ed Maule, liberal agenda and Battlestar Galactica

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:51 am

I'm really starting to get into it, thanks to my girlfriend. :)

Did anyone catch that the clips from the previous show (had to do with the ex-smuggler girl's drug addiction) was NOT the previous show? The previous show was about boxing. We went online and it had the boxing show as the previous one. So they must've goofed with either airing the wrong show, or they had a new episode in between the last 2 Fridays. Maybe to make up for not having a new episode on the Friday after Thanksgiving? If so, then the website was missing an episode.

What gives! :) I like the show so much, I'm getting seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. I liked the summary episode they had on the Friday after Thanksgiving
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby elrodogg » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:03 am

Nah, they just brought up various parts over the first couple of seasons. It wasn't meant to be a literal "last time on battlestar galactica", it's meant as a "you've seen these relevant scenes before".

Thought it was a decent episode.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby savaughn » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:06 am

Yea, they use the "previous episode" stuff more as a "you should know this before you watch this episode". The show is VERY complex and the average viewer can't really just drop into the show. That bit is really to help the non-addict out more than anything else.

Hey, is the liberal agenda sort of like the homosexual agenda? I foresee a Protocols of the Elders of Blue States... :b
savaughn

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:31 pm

It say "previously on BSG" sometimes going back to the miniserie
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby mauleed » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:57 pm

I still haven't fired up the last episode on the DVR yet, so I really can't comment.

But if it takes them a few dozen episodes to finally get around to something besides the liberal idiology, I don't think I'd exactly call that 'fair and balanced'.

But I do give them some credit for (trying to) go through with committing genocide on the cylons. Killing off not some but all your enemies is about the most unleft thing you can do.
mauleed

Postby -jfrazell » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:22 pm

Of course when Helo committed treason and stopped it cold, no questions were asked, and took no responsibility for all the further deaths of humanity from the Cylons.
-jfrazell

Postby mauleed » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:37 pm

Whereas I'd have put him out the airlock.

Odama is a bit of a bitch, and it's definitely a weakness of the show.

So while it was ballsy to show them attempting to commit genocide, in the end their liberal leanings had to end with their 'good thing he stopped us, it was wrong, never speak of it again' crap.
mauleed

Postby -jfrazell » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:43 pm

Respectfully, the most recent episode is pretty nuetral in political issue leanings. Its a more personal drama. A bit hokey but still worth watching.

And of course the Hybrid is always excellent.
-jfrazell

Postby elrodogg » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:54 pm

Ya know, I was a little pissed that they let Helo get away with that crap. Treason is the absolute right crime for him to get tried with.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Next

Return to Off Topic