Ed Maule, liberal agenda and Battlestar Galactica

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Ed Maule, liberal agenda and Battlestar Galactica

Postby -rkl56119 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:05 pm

I wonder if they are going to go back to finding Earth again...

I like the new Baltar. He's so screwed up it isn't funny anymore. The old Baltar was just too one sided.
-rkl56119

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:10 pm

My only point ... again totally missed is that BSG is now has been and will always be a very pro military show. That's who it's heros are and it does and amazing job of putting a human face on it. Don't be so Frakkin narrow.
The passed episode was just an example of what the show has BEEN all along. And yes it was a personal journey and quite frankly anything, including Bamb,i can be construed as political if you want it to be. That wasn't my point either though.

Not sure really why I bother ...
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:14 pm

Who doesn't like the new Baltar? He gets to bang both Lucy Lawless and Xena together! :eek
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 pm

I love the new Baltar .. one of the best characters on the show .. and not cause of the reason you listed ;)

I also love Sharon, Caprica, Tigh and I love Adama ... sorry. He is a good guy who has problems ... like most of us. He is an excellent leader who can weigh out that some things are more important than following the rules (Still, Helo should have been demoted and had his security rating dropped - pilots are just too valuable a comodity to have done more than that). Also Laura Roslin is fantastic.

(and Adama said it in the miniseries or some such .... it's not enough to survive, one must be worthy of survival) Is that a Liberal thought? Really .. I would think it to be the most republican of thoughts with duty, honor, country and apple pie
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -jfrazell » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:15 am

Quote:
What I find funny is that this last episode I just watched was full of replublican approved flagged waving, military praising that I'm sure it would make Ed's heart beat proud.

It is a show about the last Battlestar. I'm not sure how thats Republican flag waving.
-jfrazell

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:19 am

I said republican approved .. not republican .. (there is no emote with tongue in cheek)

Just talkin to Ed about his bias.

Quote:
to show off their liberal leanings and speak out against all things republican)

That's Ed's quote right off the other BSG thread. ... see
Amazonwarlord

Postby -jfrazell » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 am

How is it Republican approved? Its going to be supportive of the military in general. The entire background of the story line is people fighting for their lives.

Yet the underlying story arcs are more neutral as the essential themes seem to be moving towards a non-military conclusion.
-jfrazell

Postby The Gunslinger » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:47 am

It seems that there's enough of both sides of political parties in the show to conclude that it's neither side.

I'd rather try to figure out if Baltar is really a cylon or not. :D
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:50 am

Oy Vey ... not ALL military movies, books, shows are supportive of the military.

This show has real as macho guys would call it "Heart"

It is human, and puts a real human face on the men and women in service to us whether in the military, on the police force, in the fire department.

I is NOT what one would expect from a flamin lefty liberal raging show.

What is so hard about that to understand???? Maybe because it's so close to th middle it really isn't that left ... which was my fuckin point !!!!!!!!!
Yeah Lou - pissed again that people don't listen the first time - don't leacture me plz
Amazonwarlord

Postby -rkl56119 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:20 am

Don't forget there are 12 models.

We've only seen like 6 or 7. I lost track...
I wonder who else is a cylon.
-rkl56119

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic