Spectacularly wrong in every detail.

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Spectacularly wrong in every detail.

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:13 am

It's not often you see someone write something so spectacularly NON-factual: and not just non-factual, but easy determined as such.

www.townhall.com/Columnis...is_oath_on

Any junior cub reporter with internet access can demonstrate the multitudes of problems here:

www.minnesotamonitor.com/...iaryId=842

I'm not amazed that there are ignorant, bigoted fools out there. I AM amazed that the editors of what is attempting to be a semi-credible journalistic endeavor would so totally blow it.

Oh, no wait. Given which fake-"news" pundit puke outlet this is, I'm actually not.

=====

PS: the follow-through.

www.wonkette.com/politics...217999.php

What you're seeing is why Ken Mehlman got out ASAP, well before he could be fired, and headed over to work for Rudy G. The new minority party seems bound and determined to remain that way for the forseeable future, and they're off to a GREAT start by finding ways to alienate a whole generation of brown (and gay -- and brown gay, of course) people
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Re: Spectacularly wrong in every detail.

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:50 am

Well Ken, that first guy linked is an absolute tool. But that's what the talk-radio and blog world gives you... the furthest out wingnuts you can imagine. Works on both sides of the fence.

As far as the second joker, that's an absolutely idiotic maneuver. Thankfully, he's not an elected official. Double thankfully, it's on MSNBC, and nobody watches MSNBC.

Frankly, I'm surprised you're so surprised. None of this is anything new (or that significant in the scheme of things). I don't know why you even bother post it.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:44 am

Perhaps the oath should be taken on a copy of the Constitution and bill of rights instead of a book many don't believe is more than a work of fantastical fiction
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:23 pm

Lordy, lordy.

www.newt.org/backpage.asp?art=3819

Summary version: "Terrorists hate us for our freedoms. To stop them we need to eliminate those freedoms."

The founding fathers are rolling in their f'in graves
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby AndyP » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:23 am

Out of interest, is this senator/governor/congressperson/whatever guy the first non-Christian US politician?

Andy P
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:28 am

Andy P: Yes, Ellison is the Muslim fellow. Barack Hussein Obama, on the other hand, is Christian
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby AndyP » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:39 am

So there have been no Jewish, Sikh, Hindu, Agnostic, Atheist, Druid, Satanist or 'other'* politicians in Washington ever?

Wow.

Andy P

* no order of preference in this list
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby elrodogg » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:46 am

No, he's just the first Muslim. There have been other non-christians elected for a while now.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:26 pm

A little journalistic investigation goes a long way:

www.tpmcafe.com/blog/elec..._years_ago

Short version: the first Muslim US Ambassador in history was sworn in on a Koran in 1999. He was the ambassador to Fiji Islands.

Of course, talking about 1999 clearly demonstrates pre-9/11 thinking. Since then, of course, things have become Completely Different.

======

PS: Prager, the fellow in the first link in the first post in this thread? The wanker who thinks that NO ONE should be sworn into public office in the US without laying their hand on the Holy Christian Bible?

Yeah, that insufferable reactionary wanker happens to be Jewish.

Man, that's some true self-loathing. Can't make that shit up
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:53 pm

:rollin Someone hand that boy a barbed cat-o-nine-tails and let the flaggelation begin!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Next

Return to Off Topic