Puff Puff. Libertarians, I assume, will be up in arms.

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Puff Puff. Libertarians, I assume, will be up in arms.

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:18 am

Personally, I don't mind. Filthy cigarettes! :p

www.smdailyjournal.com/ar...p?id=66988

Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: Puff Puff. Libertarians, I assume, will be up in arms.

Postby elrodogg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:23 am

Monkey crap. Complete disregard for the civil liberties of ~20% of the population is nothing more than legislation of people's activities. The absolute antithesis of liberty and freedom. I can't think of anything more un-american.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:24 am

Sure you can. No grinding during lapdances! :p Looks like we're headed back to the middle ages, gents. :(
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 am

Quote:
No grinding during lapdances!

My un-american statement stands. :|
elrodogg

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:11 am

Huh. This one goes more than a bit too far.

The usual argument for a smoking ban is that it's a clear and measurable health hazard in public spaces. But in America, everyone should have the right to destroy their lungs as they see fit, so long as others aren't having their lungs destroyed involuntarily in the meantime
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby elrodogg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 am

I don't see the problem. Are smokers so inconvenient that people outside cannot simply take 3 steps away from a smoker? It's not hard, I take thousands of steps every day. Have americans gotten that lazy? :x

As for the private homes thing, suppose someone is at the home of a non-smoker. What's the appropriate thing to do? Go outside. Everyone realizes this, it's expected and not doing so would considered rude and would get one thrown out (rightly so). Now, being socially repsonsible by going outside is illegal. |I
elrodogg

Postby -Jarrett » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:32 am

What if every city did this, image how many lives would be saved? If we can do one little thing here at this level it will matter.

What if we banned fatty foods! What the - wheels on your feet? Rollerblades are like controlled tripping! Banned!

'"You cant walk down the street with a beer, but you can have a cigarette, Warden said. You shouldnt be allowed to do that.."'

What is this, opposite day? Of course you should be allowed to do that! Vegas! Flee to Vegas for hookers, smoking and close proximity dances
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:43 am

Actually, smoking SAVES money. They've crunched the numbers, and the poor schmucks who die early from somking save everyone else so much pension, health-care, social security, etc. dollars that they more than conunteract the money used on them for medial costs related to smoking. So light up. It leaves more money for me. :p

But... I do NOT want to step 3 steps away. YOU step 3 steps away. It f'ing stinks. Wear a plastic bag over your head and puff. I don't want to smell that shit. I hate getting on the bus or subway and then having a chimney park his ass right next to me. It's f'ing gross.

As far as fatty foods... NYC baby! Bloomburg (currently with a 70% approval rating, I might add) has effectively banned trans fats from NYC establishments. Don't be surprised if thi sban starts spreading to other cities, or if other measures go into effect.

And as far as Vegas, you cannot legally get a grinding lapdance in Vegas as of last Sunday. (see other threads about this travesty) You still can, however, smoke and drink practically anywhere you want. Actualy, you can drink in more places than you can smoke, even in Vegas. (taxicabs are my favorite example)
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:52 am

Well you can get a grinding lapdance at the club 10 minutes from my house, so who cares. :p
mauleed

Postby elrodogg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:52 am

Quote:
I do NOT want to step 3 steps away. YOU step 3 steps away.

They already did that. No more workplace smoke rooms, no smoking in bars, bowling alleys, poolhalls.... the list goes on and on.
elrodogg

Next

Return to Off Topic