Puff Puff. Libertarians, I assume, will be up in arms.

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Puff Puff. Libertarians, I assume, will be up in arms.

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:25 am

As the law is written, that is correct. Two attached homes are off-limits for smoking. (would be funny if two smokers lived next door to each other)

Of course, if you don't smoke, and your neighbor does, and he lights up, odds are that you're not going to call the cops on him. I mean, you could, but then a mysterious brick would fly through your windows when you're not home.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:48 am

Jarrett -

I am honestly not sure about the reasoning for the car thing. :rolleyes
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -Jarrett » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 am

Refer to the ball(s) section of a prior post. It has to do with the lack of those
-Jarrett

Postby savaughn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:37 am

Maybe it has to do with littering. The vast majority of smokers I've known have felt it was their God given right to flick cigarette butts out their windows with the assumption that their community would clean up after them. Sort of like truck speeds on highways are lower than that for every one else because for years truckers would drive ~20mph over the speed limit. When a group shows abuse of a right over a given period of time, that right tends to be restricted.
savaughn

Postby -Jarrett » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:17 am

Because smokers who live in attached houses tend to litter their living rooms with flaming butts, burning everything down around them
-Jarrett

Postby elrodogg » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:50 am

Quote:
The vast majority of smokers I've known have felt it was their God given right to flick cigarette butts out their windows with the assumption that their community would clean up after them.

No it doesn't come from the almighty. It comes from the fact smokers pay ludicrously high taxes on cigarettes. With all the money that the states make on cigarettes the least they can do is hire people to clean them up.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:59 am

Sorry Ronen but really... you think because you pay high taxes that gives you the right to be a pig?? No! It doesn't.

Attaches houses almost certainly has to do with ventilation.

I recall that most brush fires are caused by casually flicked cigarettes but then why not just limit that to the suburbs, rural areas and wilderness?
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Previous

Return to Off Topic