Giuliani investigating run for President

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.
-NightGoblinHordeLeader

Re: Giuliani investigating run for President

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:14 pm

So what? He's far too left on certain issues to ever win the Repub nomination. Don't forget: wingnuts on both sides vote in the primaries. It's the general election where you want moderate views. His chance of getting through the primaries? I give him 2%.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mattbird » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:02 pm

I think he'd be a great president, but he has as much chance of being president as I do. Pics of him in drag will go over awesome in red primaries, I'm certain
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -John Bianchi » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:37 pm

Nidal -

I wouldn't put his chances as high as all that.

He's only "America's Mayor" as long as he's not trying to collect on his political capital. And there is all the drag.

:D
-John Bianchi

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:44 pm

Between the drag, the whole wife thing, his corrupt ex police chief... it doesn't look good.

Lieberman managed to pull off an indy win, but he was squeaky clean, and only had to deal with one state, which knew him well for ages.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Papa Gino » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:43 am

...I'm sorry, but this is news how exactly?

He's been "testing the water" for a couple of years now. The play is either a) garner enough support to land a VP or a cabinet spot with McCain (or whoever winds up as the front-runner), or b) actually go for it building off the reputation of "America's Mayor" and McCain's "I can get the independent voters despite being a Conservative" concept.

What kills him isn't any of the stuff that happened in the City - every candidate has baggage (many much worse than Rudy's), and it's mostly confined to a Blue State. Not something that will impact the Southern and Western Republicans (certainly not in the primaries, which is all that matters at this stage). What does kill him is his comparative social liberalism (last I checked, he's pro-choice, whereas McCain is ardently - inasmuch as one can believe any words that come out of his mouth - pro-life, liberal wishes to the contrary notwithstanding).

Which basically makes him a good "secondary" candidate - again, a VP or a cabinet member which can bolster the "national security" credentials of a given candidate while attracting some "middle ground" votes. Of course, to get there he needs to make a credible run at the primaries (e.g. finish 2nd or 3rd in a few states) - unless McCain (or whoever) recruits him ahead of time.

So again - none of this is news, all of this is perfectly predictable, etc. etc.

Re: Lieberman. One would have to be fairly misinformed (to put it mildly) to think that a) he is anything remotely approaching "squeaky clean" and b) his election victory was a factor of his "independence" rather him being a "national security" ally of the RNC.
-Papa Gino

Postby -NightGoblinHordeLeader » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 am

Your mayor was a drag queen? :eek

I thought that was only on SNL.

As to why it's news? Because it's in the news.

Pretty obvious logic.

*Blows you away with reasoning*
-NightGoblinHordeLeader

Postby elrodogg » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:14 am

There's an annual charity fundraiser in nyc, where the mayor attends in drag.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -NightGoblinHordeLeader » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:08 am

Oh. That's not much of anything.

Especially for you New Yorkers. :)
-NightGoblinHordeLeader

Postby -Papa Gino » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:26 am

Counter-argument - just because it's in the news does not make it news.
-Papa Gino

Next

Return to Off Topic