2008 Presidential Nominee Prophesying

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: 2008 Presidential Nominee Prophesying

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:53 pm

My god they even squandered the height advantage
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:53 pm

You're right about the taller bit.

On looks alone (as far back as I can remember):

Movie Star Ronald Reagan beats Jimmy Carter
Movie Star Ronald Reagan beats Mondale
Bush I beats Dukakis (lots of advert shots of young bush in his fighter pilot outfit vs. goofy hairy-browed Dukakis in a tank wearing a stupid helmet).
Playboy Clinton beats Bush I
Playboy Clinton beats old man Dole
Bush II beats Wooden Gore*
Bush II beats Lurch... I mean Kerry

*Wooden Gore actually would have won, had a couple of thousand half-blind old Jews not mistakenly punched their chads for Buchannan.

Ya know... I see a correlation between this and between GT comp/sports/paint scoring, which I contend is generlly a single lump score based on how likable you are.

Wow. Forget the issues. It's all about the look. Style baby, style! :hat
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:55 pm

Ken, Gene, I'd like to hear an election analysis of each of the core warmongers
-Jarrett

Postby -Thrax » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:59 pm

Quote:
Ya know... I see a correlation between this and between GT comp/sports/paint scoring, which I contend is generlly a single lump score based on how likable you are.

True. But only in the US. In Canada, we elected a guy who shook the hand of his son on the kid's first day at school instead of giving the terrified tyke a hug. I tell ya: SMOOTH, Stephen Harper. SMOOTH. :hat

T
-Thrax

Postby Bauhaus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:36 am

Couple of things you're leaving out.

First off the internet will play an even more critical role in 2008. Organizations like Move-on.org and others will help set the pace (they identified Edwards and other anti-war message candidates as the front runners.)

The democratic front runner will probably be someone we don't really know. (Gore and Clinton will be hanging around and may not run, Kerry will be already gone although he wants to run real bad, Edwards is probably the front runner but he's a little uncomfortable for Northern Liberals.)

Giuliani (in a pole out today) is the Republican front runner. McCain has tried before and once again will come in no better than second.

Frankly, I don't see how the Republicans can win. They didn't win 6 years ago and it would have been better if Kerry hadn't shown up at all but Bush won't be running (unless he's a Bush from Florida.)
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby savaughn » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:49 am

Eh. I'll vote for McCain. I live in Arizona, what 'cha gonna do... :p

I think it's an interesting idea to put Hillary Clinton in as a presidential candidate. I do not think that can possibly work in our society at this point. We have far too much mysogynism deeply entrenched in our society. Take a quick look at the difference between the kind of criticism that Condi and Hillary have been subject to over the last 6 years vs. any of their male counterparts.

It continues to be acceptable to criticize women in politics merely for being women and there is an entire section of the populace that continues to believe that women can not hold a position of power without having something wrong with them. Every woman who has ever held a position of power in this country has been accused of being a lesbian, for example. We still have a whole lot of growing up to do before we're ready for this.
savaughn

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Quote:
Frankly, I don't see how the Republicans can win.
Dave, that's the sort of lack of imagination that kills a party at the polls. It's like looking at at elf army across the table and saying "I don't see how they could beat me." When elections of 55% vs. 45% are considered landslides, how can you possibly say that you can't see how one side has a shot?
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Bauhaus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 pm

If it was Andy running than I'd look across the table and wonder, but since he's not I don't see how the Republicans can win (unless, of course they can get their machines in the polls.) Most Governors are now Dem too.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:44 pm

Vote Andy!

Elect the Everybody Gets Laid party - 2008!
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:44 pm

Dave, you keep thinking that. And get your friends to think that, too. It'll make it really easy for the repubs in 08.

I'm NOT voting for Andy in 08. The only gentleman getting laid should be me. This redistribution of laidness goes against my conservative principles. What's next? Welfare-laidness? You're not taxing my laidness, dammit! BUT foreign wars started for the purpose of securing the pussy supply? I'm all about that. And let's launch pre-enptive strikes on any country trying to threaten us with WMD's... umm.. I mean STD's.
VectorAWX3

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic