The Zune

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

The Zune

Postby elrodogg » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:57 pm

I've heard some good reviews about the new Microsoft Zune. Anyone know something more specific? My ipod is on it's way out and wanted to know a bit more about the device that's "supposed to kill the ipod".

The $15 per month unlimited download of music seems great to me, though it seems a variety of places are allowing that now.

the built in fm radio is a nice touch too.

Thoughts? Comments?
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Re: The Zune

Postby Jeramakus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:23 am

My company is handling part of the press campaign for it, actually. I've held it in my hand and watched a bit of video on it. The screen clarity is amazing, in all honesty. Outside of that, I have little in the way of further spec info to offer as we didn't get to fully play with it. Why? Well, we don't use PC's in the office (or at home; were gonna buy one and bill it back ;) ) and, believe it or not, we couldn't do much else anyway as Msoft didn't give us a power cord or any external cables when my wife first got it... :lol Still can't! :rollin

One thing I can say is that Microsoft is a bit out of touch with who they initially wanted the unit marketed to. When my wife walked into the meeting they were presented with this whole line of "we want to get it into the hands of all these tastemakers". Um, folks, in our line of work (music biz) there ain't a single tastemaker we know of that uses a PC. I think this was a wake-up call for them...

Still, if it can do what it's supposed to do (peer-to-peer music "beaming"), etc. it may be a fun toy. I think, though, that the iPod has had too long and steady of a good run for them to catch it in terms of popularity. Time will tell...
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Return to Off Topic