Battlestar Gallatica

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Battlestar Gallatica

Postby -Thrax » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 pm

Quote:
Lucy Lawless is hot !! What's wrong with you man?

Umm, I SAID she was hot. My comment meant, "BESIDES her being hot..." And yes: dirty blonde Six (with glasses!) is way hotter than platinum blonde Six.

Quote:
As far as robots having feelings and all .. common theme of Science Fiction is what does it mean to be human? And that's what they are and have been exploring.

And that's where I get annoyed. I like the fresh take this show had on the usual scifi conventions: gritty, oily technology instead of gleaming perfection; nasty infidelities, addictions, constant betrayals; inscrutable aliens who seem to win every major battle, etc. I'm not saying it doesn't employ lots of conventions -- it clearly does! -- but it had enough difference from the formula to keep me interested.

The robo-emotion thing just smacks of a boring return to formula. Bringing this into it just reminds me of the whole Tin Man routine -- hey look, it's Data! Where's your emotion chip, man? YAWN. :rolleyes

T
-Thrax

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:09 am

Thrax .. sorry, I took the Hot comment to say she was the coolest except for being hot not and also she is hot.

Also, it is the same old story in a new wine skin (mixing metaphores). The inhuman humans and the more human than human non humans. though I don't see it as the Tin man/Data thing. Guess that's just taste and perception. Like their political leanings they have toyed with this theme from the beginning. They have just stepped it up. Again a little more heavy handed than previous seasons but like Ronen, I am waiting to see where they go.

Ronen ... why should I go red-head?? 1) Don't know that it would look good on me and 2) I am a low maintanence kinda girl
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:28 am

Leah - I have a running joke with my old roomate that she secretly wants to go redhead. Inside joke that I forgot you're not inside for. Oops :rolleyes
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -Thrax » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:12 am

OK. Fourth episode? AWESOME! :D Totally made up for all the tomfoolery of the first three episodes.

T
-Thrax

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:46 pm

I wept. No really. I was actually sobbing !!! The pain of Karan and especially Tigh was palpable at the end.

Our faith was not misplaced
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Bauhaus » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:48 pm

Well, what was it all about? A half dozen episodes on the planet? Quick resolution of all the "issues"?

And we're back to one battlestar, everyone on board save a couple of people, and next we get to purge a few undesirables. (Didn't they already go through a purge right after the initial attack two seasons ago?)

Anyway, it was still enjoyable to watch and I look forward to seeing what comes next (and who's in what roles i.e., what officers are doing what.)
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:57 pm

Gaeta is in deep shit cause of the role the others think he had.
I love Gaeta. What an awesome character. A believer, idealist - as Baltar said. That was a great scene really. I like both of those actors and Tigh also .... a lot !!

Know what was cool ... I know she fucked up and all but I actually got to liking Ellen. She was a weird one. Cheating on Tigh and yet having such incredible devotion to him.

What I like about this show: the good are bad and the bad are good. No one, no one is black and white
Amazonwarlord

Postby -HiredgoonThug » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:17 am

I just love the show. I don't know why, but I got hooked and I love every episode. There are things that I didn't want to happen or things I wanted to happen, but right now I think they went in the right direction to keep the show interesting.

I keep seeing older shows or movies with some of the characters from BSG in them and it's driving me nuts!

Anyways, it's on in a couple hours so I have to go get comfy
-HiredgoonThug

Postby -Thrax » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:00 am

SPOILER ALERT

Ellen's death was totally unavoidable. Only a matter of time before she fucked up. But I thought the whole development of Tigh and Ellen's relationship was great, and I thought they handled the death very well.

I wasn't so big on the "Death Trial" episode, as I just find the "supporting" members -- the angry guy, the short-haired woman and the other woman -- just so two-dimensional and without any real development. I did like the part where Tigh freaked out at the angry man, though.

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

T
-Thrax

Previous

Return to Off Topic