Battlestar Gallatica

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Battlestar Gallatica

Postby Bauhaus » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:06 am

Torture is effective on everyone to one extent or another. Some might be as bad as Baltar, some like Colonel Ty, others like Starbuck and many of the other crew. They're all being changed by the Cylons - most in very controlled ways. (Stockwell Cylon is behind it all!)

The Cylons are behind Baltar as well. You might claim that he should be executed for his culpability, but he's been manipulated just as they all have been, by the Cylons. (He's not really any worse than the rest.)
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby elrodogg » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:09 am

There are still a couple of new cylons out there that haven't been introduced yet though right? Who knows who is in charge.

p.s. Ken's really a cylon. That's why he's condoning torture. :b
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -Thrax » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:10 am

Starbuck's Cylon is called Leoben (sp?), and he was in the miniseries (on the arms station in the nebula), as well as in a first season episode in which he was appearing in Roslyn's visions. It was here that he met Starbuck, and started fucking with her mind. But that was all "God Talk" -- there were no romantic overtones here, so it's a little surprising to see this direction...a little out of the blue!

T
-Thrax

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:32 am

not entirely .. he alluded to her being special .. we don't know what he meant about that. Boomer also makes mention of Starbuck's specialness.

Yeah, 4 months is nothing when you're talking about this big a mind fuck. And introducing that kid at this point .. we are seeing her at the point of critical mass. This is what's gonna push her over the edge.

Ronen - he ain't the only one to disagree with Adama ... people have said stuff to him all along. Just recently watching it there was an episode where D was dismissed from Adama's presence cause she was saying what he didn't want to hear. She persists - breaking military protocol- to say her piece. That is but one such example. Roslyn told him and Lee to grow up basically. So I don't know what you're sayin.

And as I said above .. the heavy-handedness of the season premeir was the only thing that bothered me but I really think that was a concious choice. I don't agree with it but they did not want any doubt as to who was who. I can forgive that. What they are doing is bold. And I give them credit for that.

Hey .. what about Gaeta ? I love him.. always have.

Anyway .. it has us all talking about it
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -Thrax » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:38 am

Quote:
he alluded to her being special .. we don't know what he meant about that.

That's pretty vague... :rolleyes

Gaeta is great! I love his new fro! :lol

And yeah, Roslyn told Adama off like every second episode on the first season. And as much as I thought Adama was weak in the opener this season, I loved the speech when he told Lee to "get your fat ass" out of his office! :lol As if his mullet and his nasty 'stache weren't a stylistic faux pas or anything!

T
-Thrax

Postby Bauhaus » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:10 pm

And don't forget that Starbuck recovered the Arrow of Athena.

What happened to that?

Are the Cylons trying to find Earth too?
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby -Thrax » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:20 am

Yeah, what DID happen to that. I really liked that part when they actually found the Tomb of Athena and went into that weird dimension and saw the constellations...very cool! And now they're like, "Doo dee doo, hey, look at that shiny thing!" and now we're on some other planet re-creating a "Life Is Beautiful" concentration camp. WTF?

T
-Thrax

Postby elrodogg » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:27 am

Well lil Adama did mention that they should keep looking for earth. Big Adama did then say that the pegasus and the rest of the fleet should resume the search but that's where the current looking for earth bit ended....
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Bauhaus » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:56 am

Oh, I'm sure they'll be on there way again.

The fleet will be chased once again by the Cylons. But next time their will be a Cylon faction helping the humans and a human faction helping the Cylons. Who get's stuck where will be the fun part.

The group raising the ofspring of human/cylon couples will be an interesting addition as well. Maybe imbued with "super-human maping abilities" and other such super-powers!
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:58 am

such short memories people:

the new prez said let's settle this planet .. cylons won't find us here and the search for earth was sidelined indefinately
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic