Educational Logic

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Educational Logic

Postby elrodogg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:23 am

Ken that's a rhetorical question. He would obviously get drunk on wine, high on shrooms and drive tear ass through the holy land on a motorcycle all the while with "Highway to Hell" playing in the background. :lol
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:27 am

Ronen, man, I LOVE your Jesus. That bad-ass mofo ROCKS. :)
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby warmongerclub » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:29 am

That's nice Ronen. Make fun of Lou's religion.
warmongerclub

Postby elrodogg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:41 am

Jesus was a jew. Since I'm jewish I'm allowed to poke fun at other jews. So as you can see we're all kosher here. :p
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:38 am

@ The Fabulous Spinboy...

(a) Never saw it as weakness, but apparently that's your own personal assessment. I admire when people admit that they're wrong. I'm just wondering why you've never done that with our arguments, at least the online ones. You did apologize to me face to face during a megabattle at CS. You even got down on one knee. I admired that, but since then you continue to glow with hate towards me. I still don't hate you, never did,... only annoyed at you. :) Mainly because you feel that you can call names, be condenscending, and have every right in the universe to do it.

(b) There's not enough evidence in my post to spin it as a homophobic. You're not interesting. You're pathetic.

(c) Thanks for bringing religion into it. Now you're a Catholic hater. Did that qualify as a good spin? I think it's better than yours.

You must've been a real punk in your youth. How many times did you get beat up because of your big mouth. Me? Only once that I can remember, cuz I didn't like backing down to a bully with a big attitude & mouth. I'm a big boy now and can stand up for myself. :D

Ronen & Ken (mostly Ken), since when are there various versions of the same person? Well apparently it happens all the time. Ken sees me as one way, the rest of the world in their own way, but here I am as the person that I *really* am. There's only one Lou. There's only one Jesus. :D

Enough religion talk though, please. Haven't we all learned how bad political discusions can get? Let's not get into religion. :)
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:22 am

This is fun, Lou. You've actually raised some real points that we can discuss.

Nine hypothetical situations for Lou to ponder:

(1) How can I 'hate' someone I don't respect?

(2) Why would a person (mis)interpret a simple and complete lack of respect as an intentional campaign to demean their person?

(3) 'Stupid is as stupid does' -- you are your actions, not your intentions or your protestations or your delusions. I'm pretty sure I know what my actions make me. Certain others seem pretty convinced, too. But are they sure they know what their actions (as opposed to their more nebulous and unproveable intentions or beliefs) make them? Wouldn't misogynistic jests, for example, make a person (by definition) misogynistic? Wouldn't regular and consistently non-vegetarian acts, for example, make a person (by definition) a poor example of vegetarianism?

(4) What sort of person is so insecure in their religious conviction that they see any sort of condemnation of their personal hypocrisy as an assault on their religion as a whole?

(5) What should someone need to admit that they're wrong when they, you know, aren't? Even if white lies are sometimes a necessary part of an apology, what sort of person demands another person lie as part of an apology?

(6) Who's the bully here? The one intolerant of any other opinions whatsoever, or the one intolerant of ignorance and wilfull stupidity?

(7) What does it say when the person who is continually proven to be wrong, over and over and over and over again, rarely (or never) admits it, while the one who occasionally is -- actually does, in fact, admit it?

(8 ) Why do certain people complain vigorously (on the one hand) about being called names or attacked 'unfairly', then immediately turn around and start calling names and attacking without much regard for niceties or the like? Can this be considered a form of hypocrisy?

(9) What convinces certain people that any lame-ass opinion should be considered sacred if it's labelled "religion" or "politics" -- even if there's a mountain of evidence suggesting that the opinion is unfounded, wrong, illogical, untruthful, and just plain false? "Sacred" as in, not open for discussion in a debate about that EXACT topic? What convinces them that they shouldn't ever be questioned about such things
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby Bauhaus » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:05 am

We need to add a new forum. Instead of "Off Topic" we should call it "No Topic, Just Insults".

Usually I like reading the threads here. I think that there are some good contributions and discussions.

But spending the amout of time some of us spend insulting one another seems a waiste to me. How about attempting to avoide beating up on each other? (We all know about the strange relationship between Ken, Ed and Lou.) Maybe someone could create a "Fuck You" emotocon and we could leave it at that.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:52 am

Those are some good ideas Dave, but as with any of the boards, the potential to spill over into side-bar hategrams will always be there. :)

@ Ed, you've got me beat so far. I only got about a screen's worth of response from Ken. I'll bow to your superior anti-Ken trolling. ;) Too bad I still don't have some of the emails from Ken. Then I would probably have you beat.

Ken you win... people are starting to complain. I'll catch you next time! :D
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby mauleed » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks Lou. I've worked hard at it, and it's finally paying dividends for us all.
mauleed

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:38 pm

Alright... now can you two Kuckleheads (Lou and Ed) cut it out, please? :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Previous

Return to Off Topic