It's time to Restore Truthiness to America!

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: It's time to Restore Truthiness to America!

Postby nomrakram » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:32 pm

spacewolfjack wrote:Have fun! $10 says its not as well-attended or clean as Beck's deal. Face it libs - we're taking it back!

Thanks for sucking the fun out of the room.. AGAIN.

I hope I never see the day when Republicans/conservatives go jihad on us, I mean can you imagine? They just won't ever shut up.... it'll be horrible! :bash:
"The only true knowledge in life is knowing you know nothing at all."
-Bill, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
nomrakram

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Lol. Jihad is too brown, man. American Patriots aren't to be referred to with words like that. When the day comes they'll be Freedom Fighters in Operation Liberty.

But anyway - the event is aimed at moderates and restoring sanity. Comparisons to insane wackjobs on either the left or right will be mocked and hopefully feathered.
WickerNipple

Postby spacewolfjack » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 pm

I find it ironic that we need to restore sanity. I guess the insanity has been caused by the complete ineptness of the ruling party of the last 2 years.

America has woken up and realized "Hey, did we really put these clowns in office? The other guys weren't this bad. And they're at least promising to leave us alone, as opposed to raising our taxes, or imposing health-care that won't work, or mandating a green energy policy that the other large industrial nations (China) won't honor. Hmmm."

I went back to try and find my posts from late 2008 warning of this. I couldn't. But I can still gloat a little. I am so excited for November 3.

And remember - NObama in 2012.
spacewolfjack

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 pm

What I want to know is why every single Tea Party enthusiast I've met is on some form of government assistance.
WickerNipple

Postby subversive » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:54 am

spacewolfjack wrote:or mandating a green energy policy that the other large industrial nations (China) won't honor.

Dig a little deeper there. China is already blowing us out of the water on green energy. Not only are they doing it, they're doing it better than we are, creating jobs and building the technology base to export the products to the world. Once they actually have better technology than us, they don't need the trade advantage of a fixed currency, as they're exporting their own products at that point and don't need to compete artificially to keep prices down.

Green energy policy isn't what's keeping the American people down, it's laziness, an entitlement mindset, and lack of foresight. And I don't mean entitlement from the government.
subversive

Postby elrodogg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 am

spacewolfjack wrote: or imposing health-care that won't work

Quick aside, as someone who studies health care and health care law extenstively, has worked in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry and has many ties both personal and professional to health-care... you couldn't be more wrong. I mean do you suddenly think all the doctors in America will forget how to treat patients because a law from Washington says insurance companies have to cover children with pre-existing conditions or that an insurance company can't cap your benefits (in other words stop treating you because you get too expensive)? As for forcing people to get health insurance as a way to bring down the cost of insurance by adding tons more healthy people to the pool, that was Nixon's idea and not Obama's.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:56 am

And that, children, is why the only thing people agree on these days is that Nixon was an asshole.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby nomrakram » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 am

When I read posts from an individual like "spacewolfjacka$$" it makes me want to burn bibles (the new testament), do some sort of stem cell research (WITH embyros) and RSVP to that gay wedding...
Hey spacejack! on behalf of all Americans, Thank you for 8 years of intelligent, bi-partisan, non-god driven leadership that made us all proud to be Americans. I'm sure this whole deregulation and collapse of our economy was bound to happen... no biggie. - gotta run my embryos are ready!
"The only true knowledge in life is knowing you know nothing at all."
-Bill, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
nomrakram

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 am

You're both excellent examples of why restoring sanity is a fantastic idea. :lol:
WickerNipple

Postby spacewolfjack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Remember I only play a character on here... one day I am going to show up in the City and surprise the hell out of some Mongers. Let's see, specific charges:

What I want to know is why every single Tea Party enthusiast I've met is on some form of government assistance.

Because the Pelosi/Reid/Obama administration tanked the economy and crashed the job market. Because we want a gov't in place that will allow us to live on our own and NOT be on assistance to survive. My family and I wouldn't be able to make it if we weren't on it right now. Simple fact. The $26k per year I lost in net income thanks to the economic crash makes a difference. So we elect guys who know how to run a country, and then the jobs come back, and we can be independent again. Make sense?

Green energy policy isn't what's keeping the American people down, it's laziness, an entitlement mindset, and lack of foresight. And I don't mean entitlement from the government.

Right. Laziness, from the most powerful economy on Earth. Entitlements, from a people who pride themselves on earning what they get. Lack of foresight - how so? By mandating so-called green energy without considering the other fallout, i.e., the economic and social ramifications? Yes, let's shutter all the coal plants and plant wind farms and solar panels. And when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow, too bad, so sad, no power for you. How's this for lack of foresight? Gimme a break. It needs to be phased in slowly. I think its funny, coming from a newly-minted Canadian. What heats your home in winter - geothermal?

I mean do you suddenly think all the doctors in America will forget how to treat patients because a law from Washington says insurance companies have to cover children with pre-existing conditions or that an insurance company can't cap your benefits (in other words stop treating you because you get too expensive)?

Yes, I do. Maybe you forgot something about a free market system, but its all about the money. Already doctors are starting to drop Medicaid in this state because of the low reimbursement rates. My personal doctor, for example, won't take it. So, if we're all on gov't insurance, (once all the corporations figure out its cheaper just to dump their employees on the exchanges and pay the penalty) and it reimburses too low, then your local doctor will become a cash-only guy, and you'll be stuck at some Wal-Mart clinic waiting 12 hours for antibiotics. And maybe you didn't see it, but several insurance companies dropped child-only policies because of Obamacare, and McDonald's is saying they will have to drop their mini-med coverage for their high turnover people if they can't get a waiver. Insurance companies are in business to make money by providing healthcare, not provide healthcare and hope they make money. See this for a good idea of what I mean. Or maybe this. Quit drinking the DailyKOS Kool-Aid and read a few more sources, like Fox, National Review, and the Wall Street Journal. Sheesh.

When I read posts from an individual like "spacewolfjacka$$" it makes me want to burn bibles (the new testament), do some sort of stem cell research (WITH embyros) and RSVP to that gay wedding...
Hey spacejack! on behalf of all Americans, Thank you for 8 years of intelligent, bi-partisan, non-god driven leadership that made us all proud to be Americans. I'm sure this whole deregulation and collapse of our economy was bound to happen... no biggie. - gotta run my embryos are ready!

Have a great time with whatever you want to do. Here's some hints, though - no gov't is bipartisan. That's a term liberals invented to get conservatives to compromise. I think you are going to see a reversal in that line of thinking here real soon. GW Bush now has a higher approval rating than His Highness Obama - wonder why? If you want to burn Bibles, I recommend the Catholic ones - they have extra pages and last a little longer. And stem cell research - why not use your own and do the world two favors at once? :orc thumb:
spacewolfjack

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic