Serious question - Why just 1 Iraq?

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Serious question - Why just 1 Iraq?

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:57 pm

Uh, no, Lou.

I have more a problem with Nidal being so awfully and absolutely WRONG about things all the time. Then he argues that his lack of facts and defense of lies is just a matter of opinion.

It if was about 'harmless' things like how Catachan Jungle Fighters are DA BOMB because they have rending attacks and can shred even Carnifexes with their S24 attacks, then you'd just think he was delusional.

But because it's about "politics", he apparently can say whatever untrue, non-factual thing he wants and approximately 35% of the country will IMMEDIATELY jump to his support.

His aggressive style just exacerbates it. But ironically, Nidal is happy to lay down the "smack", but then complains vigorously when he's smacked back in turn. There's a word for that -- it's "hypocrisy".

=======

Nidal, you're welcome. You forgot to include the part where it's okay because you're just joking.

And not reading -- who is it again who has their head in the sand?

Finally: I don't hate you, Nidal. I think you're the great guy you keep telling me you are, I really do.

I also think that you're blinkered and dangerously misinformed. You habitually talk about things with authority, yet are clearly wrong about most of the key details.

If you think I "hate" you because I tell you over and over that you're wrong, and what's more I even tell you WHY you're wrong, then you're being kind of self-centered. Not to mention, your dedication to ignoring the FACTUAL criticism I bring up is impressive.

You are *not* the (bad) arguments and (wrong) facts you make. If you confuse them and you, that's your problem, not mine.

Like I said, get some real facts and some real arguments and some real INFORMED opinions, and I'll start treating them with the respect they deserve when we hit those topics. Meantime, I STILL treat your opinions with the respect they deserve. It is not my fault you think that the lies and inaccuracies you based those bad, uninformed opinions on are true
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby elrodogg » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:15 am

Why don't we just convert all the muslims to christianity? Wouldn't that solve everything? This whole mess seems like nothing a couple million King James Bibles couldn't solve. :D

edit: Please calm down and have a good laugh.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:23 am

Ronen: No, hard-core Jainism would work better.

Christianity is still too violent, with too many different sects ;)

You're right that I'm getting very heated, though, so I'm off to cool down. I guess ultimately we're all going to have to (shudder) "agree to disagree". :rolleyes

But I'm still going to call Nidal on it when he says damn-fool things
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:04 am

But Ken, that's part of my point. If Nidal is wrong then put emotions aside, and debate him on it with a cool head & no name calling. Otherwise, it goes from being just a political debate/discussion, to a political/personal warfare & hate-mongering on both sides.

Let the facts prevail, not the emotions. :)

And the fact that Nidal has made it known that he likes to rile people, doesn't mean he does so with every debate that he gets into. Give him the benefit of the doubt, especially when he's telling us that he's being serious. He admitted that he can be wrong, so don't knock him over the head with a baseball bat in the thread because he's firmly convinced of his stance. If he's wrong, then show him.

On the other hand, if you can show him without forcing everyone to scroll down 3 pages worth of info, even better. ;) That goes for you too, Gene. :lol
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:25 am

Ken, you still doesn't get it. It's alright man. Don't worry about it. It's all cool with me.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:50 am

Nidal: really? Please explain
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:05 am

Lou ... stop trying to mske things better because you are not helping .. really

Quote:
Snide comments were welcomed, but oddly enough, apparently irrating comments would be ignored. Not simply ignored, but ignored with a mean attitude & it was made known.

No... how many times do I have to say it ..I didn't want snide comments. I can't stop anyone from making them but I was clear that that was NOT what I was looking for this time.

I appoligized for my part of degrading the conversation .. ooops.. that's not the attitude you meant I guess.

You don't get it and won't and neither will Nidal. I opened this discussion because it's something I care about and am not well informed on ... so My attitude was (and is) open to reasonably made points.

Again... read it or skip it I don't care. Just stop trying to make it better, get all holier than thou all over me, then misquote me.

Quote:
After my comment about Ed being a troll, Leah was already upset

Not really .. how can you tell that? Was I crying? Yelling? I spoke to my displeasure .. I wasn't upset.
Quote:
not only thanking the people who contributed to the discussion, which automatically excluded me, but further excluded me (and Ed) by name. I already knew it wouldn't be long until the thread degenerated. Recognize the problem early, and be cordial.

The problem is I wanted serious thoughtful answers .. not the knee jerk reactions we so often have here. You did nothing to help that endevour and are still failing although your intention appears to be other.

Read Ken's reason #3 Nidal's arguments are fallacious and to me that is the biggest and most unpleasent. You think I should have just not said anything?? Nidal's reaction could have been to back off of his faulty rhetoric and restate his arguements. But he choose to go blazingly forward buisness as usual. (before you react Nidal read my next post, K?) So, I guess I have attitude. That's where it's from. Why do I have to be understanding and not him? Or you
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 am

Quote:
Leah, read what's been directed at me for the past several dozen posts (by other than yourself) and you tell me how long you'd last in a non-provocative, non-inflamitory mood.

Anyway, I disagree with your point #1. I don't think the reasons were purposely false. Everyone had the same intelligence reports and everyone fucked up. To blame one man doesn't make sense. I don't care if you're the president... the way the gov't works, one man does not decide policy. PLENTY of people could have (and tried) to stop this before it happened. But the majority of the pres's party, intelligence community, congress, etc. OK'ed this. The electorate was for this. Even the French believed Saddam had WMD's. Unless they took Bush's word for it (unlikely) then their intelligence estimates said the same things Bush's intelligence estimated did.

Point #2: You're entirely correct. We are where we are. Let's see if the new tough talk direct at the new Iraqi gov't will wake them up. I've been calling for this for a few months now. I think right now there exists a culture including strong elements of two very negative traits in Iraq: Blame and Opportunism. Until those are reigned in, progress will not be made. And we can't reign them it. It's going to take Iraqis in positions of power to do so.

This was a lot better ... thanks ! As far as inflamatory goes, you really do povoke that response Nidal ... See above.

I also agree with Ken on your last part about the French. And yes the Prez is one man who has surrounded himself with like minded cronies .. as any president may do. So, they wanted to invade Iraq and came up with a good reason to do it. Plenty of countries wouldn't bite . Pleanty did. The president of the free world is almost by definition and influential possition. It wouldn't be hard to get some "allies" on board.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby mauleed » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:48 pm

Hey, I just wanted to point out that simply killing all resistance, and everything standing around the resistance is an option, and in fact generally the most successful option.

But please keep up with the bickering. It's very amusing.
mauleed

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:13 pm

www.washingtonpost.com/wp...93_pf.html

Synopsis: Syrian human rights activists have lost virtually all traction in Syria, because they are now tarred by the brush of American "democracy building" in Iraq.

Nidal -- there's the domino effect of Bush's policies in Iraq.

Not Lebanon. Not Libya. Not Egypt's recent "free" elections
-The Fabulous Orcboy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic