Serious question - Why just 1 Iraq?

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Serious question - Why just 1 Iraq?

Postby The Gunslinger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:23 am

Quote:
Lou ... stop trying to mske things better because you are not helping .. really
Leah, someone had to try because certainly nobody else was. But I can see how you didn't appreciate it... I targeted you and Ken. Nidal's no angel himself, but he was retaliatory mode.

Whatever. If you guys wanna play rough, go for it.

Leah, next time you try to calm anybody down with advise, or point out someone's problems, like you did for Ken some months ago in COS, I'll jump in to claim that you're being "holier than thou" as well, and that you should butt out too.

Thanks! :rolleyes
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:02 am

Quote:
Leah, next time you try to calm anybody down with advise, or point out someone's problems, like you did for Ken some months ago in COS, I'll jump in to claim that you're being "holier than thou" as well, and that you should butt out too.

Now you're just being an ass. It's the manner not the deed.

But yes, I do make mistakes and have been hypocritical from time to time. I am not sure I was doing any kind of "Holier than thou" stuff and since you didn't link it I guess that's that. I certainly don't remember
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:31 am

Psh.

Lou, to be a diplomatic peace-maker, you need to:

(a) be credible

(b) not be on bad terms already with one of the parties involved. This directly affects (a), above, by creating an obvious conflict-of-interest
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:37 am

So .. long and short, you guys have given me a lot to think about and I do thank those who took this seriously ...

With that I sign off on this topic until I have a new question. I'd rather not continue to read the squabbling so if you need to make a new point to me on this topic in answer to my original question, please make a new thread.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Previous

Return to Off Topic