I guess Im happy about this...

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

I guess I'm happy about this...

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:26 am

...after all, the line just got shorter for me! :lol

www.nydailynews.com/10-24...0955c.html
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: I guess I'm happy about this...

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 am

At some point, I expect all restrooms will be unisex, and people will wonder about what the fuss was, back in the 18th-21st centuries ;)
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:05 am

Well, back when "The Tunnel" bathrooms were unisex, I rather enjoyed whipping it out at the urinal in front of all the young ladies. Sadly, real life doesn't work like a nightclub. I'm not so sure I'd want my 11 year old daughter heading into the ladies' room where any Tom, Dick or Harry in a skirt has free reign. Then again, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want anyone I know heading into an MTA bathroom under any circumstances. :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:33 am

Nidal: that's a meaningless argument.

Currently, there is exactly nothing stopping a violent sexual predator from walking into any public women's bathroom. None.

As for the 'fear that my daughter will get RAPED' argument, I could come back with an argument that works something like this: "If bathrooms were unisex, there would be men in the bathroom that would stop a predator like this from attacking my 11-year-old daughter"

Bathrooms are separate in our culture not because there's any logic or practical benefit to it. They are separate because that's the overwhelming weight of social gender norms and cultural tradition. The rest of it is just trying to justify the behavior, after the fact
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:42 am

The thing stopping the violent sexual predator from entering the women's room at the moment is the instant alarm of every woman who sees him immediately screaming at the top of her lungs that a man has entered the women's room.

The good men in the bathroom saving the little girls is a better argument. But they're not always around (in which case, the perp would walk out and come back another time).

Or take it a step further, and ask yourself why we separate bathrooms from the rest of the mall. Simply have stalls (airplane-style tiny rooms) that only fit a single person lining the hallways of whichever school/mall/train depot/etc. with their doorways in full public view. No need for a separate large central restroom with tinier stalls built into it.

But... if you go with the social norms eventually becoming obsolte approach, there's no reason we need stalls at all! In the future, we would simply defecate and urinate out in the pubic eye, much as we would sit in public and sip coffee. I mean hell, we all do it! (not the coffee thing, the other thing) I'm sure that would work out great in a crowded restaurant. :lol
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:45 am

I can think of about a dozen science fiction novels that depict that exact thing, Nidal.

Doesn't seem that outlandish to me.
WickerNipple

Postby warmongerclub » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:54 am

well if that's the future, count me out. I prefer people crap behind closed doors thank you very much.
warmongerclub

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:05 am

The funny thing about the future is: it will count all of us out eventually. :lol
WickerNipple

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:19 am

Quote:
I'm not so sure I'd want my 11 year old daughter heading into the ladies' room where any Tom, Dick or Harry in a skirt has free reign

Where is the transgendered person suposed to go pee or crap??

Quote:
The thing stopping the violent sexual predator from entering the women's room at the moment is the instant alarm of every woman who sees him immediately screaming at the top of her lungs that a man has entered the women's room.

You don't know how much it sucks when I AM THAT MAN !!

:rollin

Quote:
But... if you go with the social norms eventually becoming obsolte approach, there's no reason we need stalls at all! In the future, we would simply defecate and urinate out in the pubic eye, much as we would sit in public and sip coffee. I mean hell, we all do it! (not the coffee thing, the other thing) I'm sure that would work out great in a crowded restaurant.

I would think the department of health would have something to say about that...
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby warmongerclub » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:01 am

Quote:
Where is the transgendered person suposed to go pee or crap??

That's easy. Penis, Men's room. No penis, Lady's room.
warmongerclub

Next

Return to Off Topic