Question about protecting credit rating...

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Question about protecting credit rating...

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:06 am

Hey guys. I've heard that everytime a credit card company sends you a letter stating that you've been "pre-approved" they've checked your credit rating. And everytime someone checks your credit rating, it drops by 1 point. I get those letters now and again, and I'm sure it adds up.

Isn't there a way to prevent these companies from checking my credit? Do I contact each company directly to request it, or do I have to contact the 3 credit rating bureaus to have it blocked from these silly letters
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Re: Question about protecting credit rating...

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:11 am

Not true. Those "pre-approved" deals don't hit your rating. When YOU ask for a credit card, it hits your credit rating. (and when you accept a "pre-approved" notice, they have to re-approve you, which hits your credit rating).

"Pre-approved" letters are basically crocks. (read the fine print.. they have the right to deny your "Pre-Approved" application.)  >D
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: Question about protecting credit rating...

Postby The Gunslinger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:39 am

Thanks.

Now show up for some 40K action! I've got my bikes that need some 'Zounds trophies! :lol
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Off Topic