Game of Throwns

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Game of Throwns

Postby Bauhaus » Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm

My daugher and I are enjoying the series a lot. I think all the casting has been good/great. We'll see what happenes when they get to the epic battles - right now it seems to be on the cheap (a horde of about 100 actors.) The Imp, Arya and Dynaris (sp?) all have the potential of stealing the show. I hope the fifth book comes out in July - but these epics authors are always so fickle.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby WickerNipple » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

I can't wait to see Tyrian go to war! :)
WickerNipple

Postby Bauhaus » Mon May 16, 2011 2:12 pm

I just hope it's a little better than last weeks joust. How much of the War of the Five Kings takes place in book one? Will there be any big battles this season?
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby WickerNipple » Mon May 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Most of that is book 2.
WickerNipple

Postby Larro » Mon May 16, 2011 10:45 pm

I dislike the way most shows/movies do big battles anways; they're usually too frantic with the cameras, so there's no rush for that unless HBO is going to try to do it right. The brief, close-in sword fight this week at the end was ace.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Charlie » Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 pm

I have been listening to book one after not reading it in about 10 years. Amazing how my perspective has changed. I have a totally different view on some key plot pieces, like the role of Raegar and Leanna, and their relationship.

As far as big battles go, both the first battle between Bolton's Northmen and the Lannister host, with Tyrion and his tribesmen, and the Battle of the Wolves Wood are in book one. Also potential flashback to the Trident I they want it, and a few battles with the Dothraki.

Charlie
Charlie

Postby Arash » Thu May 19, 2011 5:22 pm

The gay thing was added.

These last episodes have really been ramping up, really liking the direction.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby jer732 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Throughout the week I constantly find myself wondering if it's Sunday yet.

Also found this in a forum and thought it was funny.

If one man finds another mans buttocks irresistible, more power to you. I resent HBO and GRRM selling out to the Hope/Change lobby to inject gay characters into the series which were not gay in the novels. If Ned has a go at Hodor before you kill him off, maybe GLAAD will give you guys another accolade.

I have no problems with gay characters, I just hate it when TV shows/movies of my favorite books are needlessly changed like in The Half-Blood Prince when the Burrow burns down because NO IT FUCKING DOESN"T!...sorry...
jer732

Game of Throwns

Postby Daggermouth » Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Yeah, not that there wasn't a "possible unsaid hinting of maybe something happening, maybe" in the book, but it was certainly never broached. I think my "Ahh jeeze, what the fuck!" was heard by the neighbors.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby Larro » Thu May 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Sort of like when Gimli got thrown across the gap by Aragorn in The Two Towers.

I don't understand who suggests these needless changes, and I don't think I ever will.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic