Re: October and Thursday 10-3

Moderator: Anger Worm

Postby Lanceocletian » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Hey Guys,

Time is starting to open up and I’d like to get back to some regular fantasy gaming at the club. For those interested, do you want to try a couple of different formats over the next few weeks, then we can make an evaluation of what we want to change going forward?

I was thinking of an oscillating format between serious and silly every other week. Serious means we pick the next logical upcoming tournament and try tournament lists (probably colonial). The silly week, everyone is obliged to bring troops they know are sub-optimal such as troll slayers, regular orcs, and empire handgunners for games? Any thoughts?

Either way, is anyone up for a game this Thursday? 2,500 pts and preferring a start before 6 pm. I'll probably try my swedish comp O&G.

*For some of the new players, one of major aspects that hurts regular play at the club is set-up time and time to finish a game. If both players show-up at six and start setting-up, then more than likely you'll only get through 3-4 turns as you need to start packing-up just past 8. 40K, Malifaux, and Warmachine tends to be more manageable to finish in two hours. I suggest for club play, unless you have everything super-magnetized in regiments and are very fast at gameplay, then I'd suggest picking a low count model army for Thursday nights. Even with magnetizing my skaven into regiments, I simply couldn't finish a game if I started at six-

-Lance
Lanceocletian

Re: Re: October and Thursday 10-3

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 am

I'm planning on running an escalation league in a few weeks (after DE get released and absorbed). We have a lot of new people interested in Fantasy so the purpose would be to intro and nurture them to a full 2500.

Beyond that I see no reason to deviate from our typical latest-in-GT standard of 24/2500 practice. One can finish a game started at 6 if they're conscious of the time.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Pixelsponge » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 am

Lance,

I'd be down for a game this Thursday, I can try to get there before 6, but if I do it won't be much before that. I play fast though!

-Luke
Luke
Pixelsponge

Postby elrodogg » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:55 am

I will be there for a game as well. 6ish.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Lanceocletian » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm

@Jarrett- An escalation league would be entertaining, let me know if you need help with anything.

I'll aim to be there at 5:30 so I can set-up early.
Lanceocletian

Postby loftus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Any body want a game tomorrow?
loftus

Postby Lanceocletian » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 am

There will be four of us today- myself (Lance), Ronin, Luke and Will. So I guess it will be whoever shows up first. I'll still plan to be there by 5:30.
Lanceocletian

Return to Warhammer Fantasy