Dwarves and the Stone

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Dwarves and the Stone

Postby jchrisobrien » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Sorry, wasn't clear.

If the oathstone says that flanks and rear count as being in front, then the standard and musician work.

Are we saying that if you charge a unit in the flank, I don't get to use my standard or musician that's in the front rank? Because I've never seen anyone play like that in 6th or 7th edition.

If the banner and musician are in the second rank, I do agree they don't get the bonus (unless they are Brets).

Just being clear.
"Play the game!" --KevinC
jchrisobrien

Postby -poxous » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:46 pm

Trouble is the oath stone doesn't say treat flanks and rear as the front.

It says dwarves turn and face in all directions... very fluffy but no rules there. This is how the hand wpn shield debate started. Do they get them if you charge the flank? Fluff says yes but the rules say no.
-poxous

Postby jchrisobrien » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:24 am

I'm loathe to get into a debate w/out the dwarf book text in front of me, but from reading TWF thread I was in the "count as front, get hw&s" camp. I'm also loathe to repeat the big debate. If my dwarf opponents wants to use his bonus, I"m going to let him.
"Play the game!" --KevinC
jchrisobrien

Postby -poxous » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:39 am

Most people would agree that is the intent, trouble is the rules say something different. I'd play it by the rules but if the dwarf players said he got the save I'd let him.
-poxous

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy