subversive

Re: "after my brets manhandle Matt's Chaos army"-Kopp

Postby -robkopp » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Matt barely made it a win. What can I say, I live in Queens. :(
But look out in 3 weeks I shall live in Seaford. :evil
-robkopp

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:19 pm

Matt was on a roll last night. He smacked my seaguard around something fierce. This were going accoriding to plan until Matt had the audacity to cme out and fight. My aim for the game was to kill his support units then play ranks-and-flanks. (ranks IN flanks, actually, as there's no way elves fight chosen knights/warriors/chariots/ogres supported by chaos killy characters straight-up).

Well, I took care of the support (furies and centigors which never made it to combat) well enough. I even managed to kill the hellcannon crew... in turn 6... after two barrages of shots from ranked units and 5 turns worth of shooting from 10 shadow warriors... Not too hard, actually. Had I been able to get two ranked units to shoot at it I would have taken it down in turn 2 and saved myself all sorts of issues. But the fact that I have very few deployments and only come equipped with normal, not longbows, meant that the cannon was rather safe.

The wyrms kept a few units busy, or at least at bay. The problem was that I had nothing to get through 1+ save armor. Two S5 critters backed up by 80 S3 critters just doesn't cut it.

Chariots also hurt. One went into an elven unit and killed 7 models. Pretty heinous. Answer for chariots is usually wyrms. But I only have 2, and they can't be everywhere at once. If they were keeping ogres at bay, the chariots would get me. If they were keeping chariots at bay, the knights would get me. There were just too many high-quality troops in the chaos army for me to deal with.

So, lesson learned: When playing a small elite army, a smaller, more elite army to the face is NOT good!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mattbird » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:23 pm

ALL NOW PHEAR MY AWEZOME CH40S PRO//3SS!!!11!1!!!

My supposedly crappy army list is ready for the primetime- bring on Colonial!!11!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy