Order of panic tests?

Moderator: Anger Worm

Order of panic tests?

Postby subversive » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:49 pm

Let's say you've got 2 units taking panic tests. One unit has the army general in it. If you take his test first and he panics, do you still get his Ld for the other unit? If not, is there an reason why you wouldn't be able to take his test last to make sure the other unit gets his Ld
subversive

Re: Order of panic tests?

Postby mauleed » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:53 pm

The book specifically says you pick the order of LD tests, and specificially says you can use the general's LD if done in the right order for it (so last for panic tests, first for rally).
mauleed

Postby subversive » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:28 pm

Aha. I see that with regard to rallying in the General section... is that specifically mentioned elsewhere, or is the line about rallying interpreted to extend to all Ld tests
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Why wouldn't it? It's sequential. It's not simultaneous. That much is clear from the text. One good thing about 7th is that they seem to have really nailed down the fact that everything happens in sequence
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby subversive » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Nidal I agree, it's just one of those things where if it comes up in a game, I want to be able to cite chapter and verse, and know whether I'm relying on rules as gospel, or an interpretation
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Interpretation is much more fun. ;)

You know how that works: She says "no" but she really means "yes". I'd never get laid otherwise.

Edit: On a serious note, if it's your turn, YOU control the action, particularly with combat order. Fight your combats accordingly (weighing in the effects of cascading combats). When it's your opponent's turn, he'll try to get you by going in a different order. I actually love the new order of combat thing. It adds a very nice level to close combats, affects how you react to charges, etc
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:15 pm

That won't affect the situation he's talking about.

For example, it's your turn, you charge me, and break me, causing panic in 2 of my units, one of which is my general's unit.

I thought that the rules specifically said the owning player picks the order of the panic tests, but I don't have the book handy to tell, so I'll take your word for it that it doesn't Tom.
mauleed

Postby subversive » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:17 pm

I think break tests are also specified as being whatever order you want. I don't see anywhere where the order of psychology tests is specified either way, but I haven't re-read the section in detail yet. I was hoping someone knew offhand
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:18 pm

Ah.. I see. But what's the point of picking your order if it has no effect? Picking order is, by its very nature, teh opposite of simultaneosity. (you like that word?)

Picking your nose, on the other hand, is gross. Particularly if you then proceed to hold another man's dicebag.
VectorAWX3

Postby subversive » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:27 pm

Picking the order would definitely have an effect: if you have to start with the general, if he fails he doesn't get to pass on his Ld. If you can pick, you get to do him last, or first in the case of rallying. If it's all done simultaneously, then do you get to use the general's Ld or not?

Based on what I've seen so far, all the places that it's specified seem to indicate that you can pick the order you test in... I'm going to do some more reading tonight, but I feel pretty confident that picking your order is fine
subversive

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy