Characters in units that are destroyed

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Characters in units that are destroyed

Postby subversive » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:24 pm

Well, no: while the character is with the unit, he counts for its unit strength. So killing 1 r'n'f out of 4+character would not cause a panic test. However, if the 4 r'n'f are killed, he's no longer "with" the unit.

It's a weird catch 22, but I think that the key to unravelling it is the bit about being "with" the unit. As long as there are r'n'f members of the unit, the character gets all the pros and cons of being with the unit. If the whole unit (aside from him) gets wiped out, he's no longer with the unit.

It's a bit awkward, to be sure, but it avoids one problem: if the character were still part of the unit, he would be under 25% of its original starting strength and could never rally if he fled that phase
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:25 pm

Hmmmm...
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -TheRooster101 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:01 am

If the character does not auto leave the unit once it is destroyed then it would retain all bonus for being in that unit. For example my units of hammerers are immune to fear and terror if a dwarf lord joins. If in close combat they are all destroyed around him then you would think the Dwarf Lord would lose that bonus.
-TheRooster101

Postby subversive » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:04 am

Good call there. Same thing with Eternal Guard and a noble... the noble wouldn't stay stubborn. Ok, I'm firmly convinced that characters auto leave units
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:13 am

Sounds good to me. Fits in with the "most important rule."
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby DiceDogsPete » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:25 am

Rooster, that exact situation w the dwarf lord and his body guards happened to me a few months back at a tourney. Flanked, and with his remaining hammerer bodyguards slain (by a lowly beastherd nonetheless!!) the character lost his stubborn ability and bailed. Of course, he was run down and killed. And the scenario was double VP's for dead characters. Of course.
DiceDogsPete

Postby subversive » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:36 am

I don't think it fully clarifies the original question, but it's good enough for me that keeping the two characters together causes more problems than it solves, so it's to be avoided
subversive

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy