std.

3x irongut
std.

3x irongut
std.

2x leadbelcher
2x leadbelcher
2x leadbelcher

I need to fit in 3 bulls and iam not sure what to take out . I have the 6 leadbelcher painted so want to keep them.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Re: my coloniel ogre list , a little help .

Postby mauleed » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:51 am

Tyrants (should) always come with tenderizers. And a ward save.

Why 5 ironguts? Just for the look out sir? It's not going to take much to kill one anyway. Just buy that gnoblar that makes it work.

Taking two of those out gets you about enough for the 3 bulls you need.
mauleed

Postby slann » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:43 pm

The large unit was there as the tyrants body guard more for compieness than anything else. But I just might have to lose the big unit to make the list work.
slann

Postby mauleed » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:16 pm

The list still won't work, but it'll be legal. :p
mauleed

Postby -TheRooster101 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:48 pm

How do you like Leadbelchers? Are they very effective? They look like they can be really nasty with their guns.
-TheRooster101

Postby elrodogg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:13 pm

Ok, good start. The tyrant definately needs the tenderizer. No doubts about that. The 5+ ward save is good too. Give him that and drop the bull gut.

One butcher needs a bangstick. Free spell. Nuff said.

You do need bulls. Are you sold on maneaters? I imagine that more units of bulls w/ xhw and ironguts for the same points would be more effective. Drop the maneaters for bulls and each gets it's accompanying unit of gnoblars (it also makes the list legal).

then your list looks something like this (all standards have the gnoblar in them).

tyrand w/ tenderizer
3x butchers w/ 2 scrolls, stick, mask

2x4 bulls (st)
2x20 gnoblars
2x3 guts
1x5 guts (st)
2x3 leadbelchers

Watcha think?
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:33 am

I'm thinking it's starting to look like everyone else's OK list. :p It's the "efficient" ogre build. The character setup is practically standard (right down to the magic items). The 2 units of belchers are practically standard. The 2 ranked gnoblar units are practically standard. The lack of yeti, slave giants, trappers, hunters, rhinox-chariot is practically standard.

About the one two semi-common things you see which aren't in this list are gorgers and rhinox riders.

Bleh. Any book which starts to take on such a standard appearance is a bit boring, IMO. Change it up
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:47 am

I know you're skipping gnoblars. I think that's fine. 2x20 seems like such a mechanical choice...

Tenderizer and ward are a staple. You could do the faster rank breaking version, but this is simply not as good. Bangstick is a good choice if you're going to have an aggressive magic phase, which you will with 3 butchers.

I like maneaters in pairs - 1 Cathayan, 1 GW or 2 cathayans. Dropping 1 from each nets you points for another unit as well, and you've ignored bulls so I'd add some of those.

3x2 Leadbelchers isn't bad either. They're good bait and flee units after they shoot. Points intense though, but allows you to dedicate all your ogres to flanking maneuvers.

I'd skip standards on the smaller gut units.
-Jarrett

Postby slann » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:34 am

the list I had looked like this (see below) , which I was winning with but thaught a few things where most of the time not making an impact like the slave giant and the gorger was 50/50. so I changed things to try and fit the more solid maneaters.

tyrant
3x butchers
scroll,mask,

2x3 leadbelcher (which I made into 3x2)
6xbulls (I like the fat units there fun)
3 bulls
5x ironguts
2x3 ironguts
giant
gorger

maybe il dropthe giant and just add 2 maneaters than.
slann

Postby Ring87 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:57 am

Boring IMO, looks like all the other Ogre lists. You need 2x3 Bulls at least for bait and to set up counters. Use the Maneaters(3+) screen them with trappers counter with Iron guts or Gnoblar warriors. Gorgers rock. Slave Giants suck. Maneaters with Brace of Pistols are cool to guard a flank.

Try different things. There is more than one way to build a list. Ever think about Rhinox riders? The most powerful unit you can field. Plus the psychological aspect they bring. I know there Big$ but they are tourney leagal,
Ring87

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy