Whos Jim?

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Who's Jim?

Postby -Jarrett » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:23 am

A couple of points Dave:

The way you said that makes it sound like you did not have as much fun as you might have. I also recall you didn't say anything substantive, just that you were wondering what, in my mind, I should score. If you have any suggestions of how I should pussyfoot around on the tabletop to make my opponent feel great (while losing the game), by all means make those suggestions. Your list is obnoxious next to mine, so yeah, I do take what you say in that context.

And why are you basing anything off of what Nidal said? My sports scores are fine. Consistantly so. I also don't throw in extra smiles and congratulations at the club because - I thought anyway - we didn't have to blow each other to have good competitive fun, that we could talk a little smack and play the game like vaginaless adults. Like most others here, I play different at a tournament out of respect for my opponent, a knowledge that many guys out there are far more sensitive than competitive warmongers, and a desire for good scores.

I should also remind you that this was a match to prove something. You said I wouldn't manhandle your army and lead it around by the nose. I did so, precisely so, and creamed it. The only thing incomplete about it was that Leah didn't get to witness the surgery. Was it unfriendly? I didn't think so. But it definitely had an enhanced edge of competitiveness.

My list has scored good comp in the past. Has. Actually. Scored. Well. If some guy marks me down for what's in my list then, frankly, he definitely doesn't know Lizardmen, and probably doesn't grasp Warhammer. I take a relatively soft Lizard list. Period. I promise I'll bring the hardcore version out within a year from now and you'll see the difference
-Jarrett

Postby Larro » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 am

Quote:
I should also remind you that this was a match to prove something. You said I wouldn't manhandle your army and lead it around by the nose. I did so, precisely so, and creamed it. The only thing incomplete about it was that Leah didn't get to witness the surgery. Was it unfriendly? I didn't think so. But it definitely had an enhanced edge of competitiveness.

Sounds exactly like the game I had when Dave was talking smack for weeks before getting owned by my VC. People need to relax, especially you Dave. This is getting a little out of hand - his Lizard list is clearly not as potent as it could be and I think 85% or more of the Warhammer community will agree.

You, on the other hand, roll in with a Top-Tier broken ass army like Demon Legion - Khorne nonetheless, that NO ONE likes to play against. You have zero right to say anything about anyone else's "compy-ness." Just because Nidal gives everyone top scores and someone told you your list was OK doesn't make it so - it isn't, and your poor Comp scores show that. Conversely, Jarrett's comp scores are fine. Just because you didn't have a good time doesn't mean anything - it means you don't like LOSING. You had a miserable time against me as well, and quite frankly it's because getting creamed is never fun. Additionally, YOU made the game extremely competitive for 3 weeks claiming you were going to win. If you talk smack before a game, obviously the game is going to mean a little more to BOTH players. You and Jarrett bantered back and forth, and from what I heard, you got owned, as anticipated. Your "not having a good time" has nothing to do with his list.

And before you throw in some underhanded remark about VC being broken, my list scored perfect Comp at Baltimore, and had near perfect at Colonial (only marked down 1 point in one game), so save it.

- Larr
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:27 am

Alright.. chill out gents. I actually like playing aginst Dave's list. Really. It's fun. Better than neutral, for sure. I dare say I enjoy playing against it more than I do against lizards or any stripe I've ever faced. I certainly think Khorne is the most fun legion to play against. Nurgle and slaanesh are tied for second. Tzeentch is about as good as fried shit on a stick.

You guys know I was just yanking Jarrett's chain this whole time, right? :lol I've got no issue with his army. It was just fun seeing him get so defensive. Mark of someone with something to prove. ;) Now go prove it
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby slann » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:30 am

iam still pissed about the lack of frostieness around the beer cans but ...... whatever.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:18 pm

Skimming this backwards I saw sonething about me not seeing a surgery then I saw this
Quote:
vaginaless adults.
and started wondering about which surgery? :rollin I like my vagina and want to keep it so it can't be THAT surgery. Now if you want my uterus I ain't using it and it just causes pain and mess once a month so you can have it.

Anyway, I tracked back and saw what y'all were talking about and boy things got a little outta hand
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Ring87 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:31 pm

My comments on Jarrett's list were just about what play style I think he would use. I.E how I would play that list. I was not commenting on comp at all. Not playing the list and just reading the list and hearing about games is all I based my analysis on. If we were setting up to play him my first impression would be its not an obnoxious list but it is built for speed and VP denial. (This guy means business and he is tactical and is probably a skilled player.) Thats all great. Your tactically aggressive thats my style too. (Should be Fun and better than playing....oh.. a dwarven Gunline.)

As far as Dave goes. I had a fine game against him the one time I played him in a tourney with my "Khorne mortals". He handed me my ass. As a former Khorne Player I know what a disadvantage it is to play with a Khorne Army especially vs. veterans. As far as being broken you have got to be kidding. On paper it might seem so. Against a beginner or someone who never played Khorne before it might be an easy victory.

Against any army thats unbreakable and can summon throw- away units or an army with multiple low cost diversionary units. Khorne will suffer. Especially with the new over run rules.
Discretion is the greater point of valor:).
Sh@t talkin is cool too:evil
Ring87

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy