Dwarf building

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Dwarf building

Postby mauleed » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:47 pm

"Too many of you people cry for the system and then fail to utilize it."

You're dead right. They should quit crying.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:36 pm

Look, some people have blanket ideas about comp, and that's simply the price we pay for the system. I haven't met a Daemon Legion army I've given top comp, but I don't make my mark without looking the army over.

However, comp cards say different things. If a comp card says "This persons army was designed to WAAC with no regard for theme or fun" (or something to that effect) then I think one needs to take this to heart. A halfling hot pot is a goofy piece of crap, and I hardly think it should cost someone a comp point. If he plays empire and wants a cook to feed his troops, I say great, that man sacrificed effectiveness for theme.

I think the whole idea behind subjective comp is to avoid an A + B = C situation.

Whiners, well, who cares? I've heard people whine for and against player judged comp. They're all equally bitches who avoid presenting valid arguments in place of their crying
-Jarrett

Postby subversive » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:45 pm

I've really found this whole discussion to be a more effective argument against player judged comp than against DOW
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 pm

Against player judged comp? Why? Because players have different perceptions of right and wrong? The alternative is the UK GT. :rolleyes
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am

I haven't seen GT winners determined by one comp point lost to a chipmunk here or there. I have seen people with OTT lists fall from the top of the standings because they were consistantly marked down for jerkoff lists.

All things being equal give me player scored comp please
-Jarrett

Postby elrodogg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:21 am

When people give statements like "I'll ding a person for doing X, Y or Z" regardless of what the score cards say, then that's where the problem is. Read the frakkin score card, then grade according to that. There are too many different ways to do comp than to make a blanket statement like dinging an army because it had DOW.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby mauleed » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:48 am

Quote:
I haven't seen GT winners determined by one comp point lost to a chipmunk here or there. I have seen people with OTT lists fall from the top of the standings because they were consistantly marked down for jerkoff lists.

I lost baltimore by one point (with a jerkoff list).
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:33 am

"I lost baltimore by one point (with a jerkoff list)"

I rest my case. Player determined comp = justice. The only problem with your experience Ed was how close a call it was
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:08 am

You lost overall or general by one point
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Larro » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:11 am

Quote:
I've really found this whole discussion to be a more effective argument against player judged comp than against DOW.

That's because you think DOW Rare slots are perfectly fine, but you're probably the same guy who would ding an Empire player for taking a Steam Tank, or heaven forbid, a few Ratling Guns in a Skaven list.

Player Comp is the only way to do it because otherwise Comp simply becomes a formula that some lists can bypass with relative ease (Skaven, Bretonnians, Chaos, where 75% of the effective units are Core), and others cannot (Some Elf Armies, Undead who require have a lot of Magic to function, etc).

This method may be far from perfect, but in my eyes, it's better. You'll get people who are fundamentally opposed to your list, or certain things in it, and you have to live with it for it's the lesser of the 2 evils so to speak.

- Larr
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy