Dwarf building

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Dwarf building

Postby subversive » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:16 am

Quote:
Against player judged comp? Why? Because players have different perceptions of right and wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still for player judged comp, I just think that this discussion very clearly illustrated what's wrong with the system: arbitrary decisions on what's ok and what gets dinged. I find it amusing that Larry's attempt to decry DOW left me more thinking that player judged comp has problems than that DOW are actually in any way bad. What's funny is that I don't use DOW for exactly the reasons Larry thinks they're lame: I prefer "pure" lists as well. I just wouldn't arbitrarily hate on a list without regard to its WAAC-ness solely because it includes a DOW unit
subversive

Postby subversive » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:28 am

Quote:
That's because you think DOW Rare slots are perfectly fine, but you're probably the same guy who would ding an Empire player for taking a Steam Tank, or heaven forbid, a few Ratling Guns in a Skaven list.

I think you've made some incorrect assumptions about me, but hey, that's what the internet is for. But like you said earlier, end of discussion, right
subversive

Postby mauleed » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:37 am

"You lost overall or general by one point? "

Overall.

gt.us.games-workshop.com/2005/Results_Coverage/Baltimore/40K_Results.htm

And Jarrett, it was actually a list, when you saw it, you said 'there's nothing there to complain about'. Personally, I could see people marking it down, but at the time you didn't understand it. But it's still a list that had the second lowest comp in the top 10 (Pete had the lowest), even if only by an average of 2 points.

Just throwing a wrench into the works and showing where we had a guy that got more battle and appearance points (me), yet managed to lose. I don't care too much, as Paul Murphy's a great guy, and he had to beat York (and with a major win at that) to beat me.

The funny part is that York gave the guy a best opponent vote. If he had not done that, I would have won overall as Battle points was the tie breaker. damn you York!!!!!
mauleed

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:53 am

Tom, please stop these hippie liberal tactics of challenging people's assumptions after the conversation has been ended.
WickerNipple

Postby subversive » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:57 am

Damn, exposed for the hippie liberal I am :|
subversive

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:32 am

Repost list. Is this the 6 man las plas fest
-Jarrett

Postby Larro » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:54 am

Quote:
Damn, exposed for the hippie liberal I am

The word "hippie" is nowhere in my posts. I wouldn't put it past you, since you're hating on my "conversative" practices of disliking DOW Rare choices, but I never accused you of being one.

Andy - I gave my opinion about DOW Rare slots when Rooster posted - he asked if they're often looked down upon and I said *I* look down on them. Suddenly I'm flooded with posts from people accepting of DOW Rare slots and suddenly I'm the anti-Christ. Now I know how Ed feels when people chastise him for hating Comp. You're free to say what you want, but I'm free to mark down people systematically for taking DOW Rare choices. That's why I said there was nothing else to discuss - I wasn't dismissing Dicedog's acceptance. All I did was repeatedly state how I feel towards DOW. Chiding me won't move me off this position. Again, Rooster wanted to know how we felt - clearly the response was overwhelming support for DOW.

- Larr
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby subversive » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:13 am

Larry, I think we're trying to move past the bickering into the good natured chiding phase. If you could please keep up, we can resolve this half hour episode and move on to the next formulaic plotline, which will probably involve Ed. He only got to make a cameo in this thread, and hasn't really gotten the attention he deserves, so the writers feel that he should be featured in the next one. Good use of foreshadowing, btw. ;)
subversive

Postby mauleed » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:54 am

:rollin :rollin :rollin

For the record, I love Larry's stance on comp. He feels strongly about it (and everything) and let you know exactly how it's going to be. Rock on Larry.
mauleed

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy