Benner of Ellyrion on BSB in chariot.

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Benner of Ellyrion on BSB in chariot.

Postby Ring87 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:05 am

I already have half of my points invested in t3 infantry unit thats free points to anyone with a mortar/stone thrower or hellcannon. I think I am being quite generous already. As I could go 150pts or less for 90% of my units. The points are there for anyone with the 00's to come get them. I could just sit back and magic/shoot people to death and counter like some of our more cowardous cousins:b .

Which is perfectly viable tactic. I'm just tired of that style of play.
Ring87

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 am

It doesn't win tournaments. Therefore it's not a viable tactic
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Ring87 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:30 am

Rob Lane had an old Seaguard type army and did well. I think the cream rises to the top no matter the army. However, you can only do so much. Besides winning isn't everything us loser always say.
Ring87

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 am

Winning is totally not everything! Fun is everything. Winning is secondary. Rob Lane's seaguard army was a seaguard army in name only. The spearmen carried seaguard shields, etc. It was a standard list with a nice sized seaguard unit (or more, depending on the edition). In effect, I'm copying that same concept with my final high-elf army.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Gorbad Ironclaw » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:35 am

I also think the army were pretty much shelved with the current army book. It was more of a 5th ed army I think. As far as I know, Rob have played beast almost all of 6th.

And 5th ed High Elves is an entirely different kettle of fish than the current book :p
-Gorbad Ironclaw

Postby -gjnoronh » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:50 am

Quote:
I think that if you can take out enemy support, elven infantry rocks just about any infantry in the game.

Nidal man how much moonshine is your wifes family feeding you? Call me a respectful skeptic.

gary
-gjnoronh

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:27 am

;) People said I was crazy when I said orcs could win. Next thing you know, 10 people were bringing a variant of the "Nidal" list to a GT. I tell you, week after week, I figure out more and more about using these pointy-eared freaks, and they are great!

Good leadership.
Fast movement rate for infantry.
Pick your own support magic.
Move through woods using a unit with the ability or a banner with the ability.
Great weapons with high WS which strike at initiative.
NOT immune to psych (so can play the bait-and-flee game).
High initiative.
Multi-use units (seaguard).
Standard strength troops get 3 attacks per model frontage.

Are they perfect? Nope. But they can certainly work.

Now, let them get charged by 2 chariots at once, and they go poof. Even 1 chariot to the face and they could be in serious trouble. But that's where you have to use support.

If the Colonial didn't have the stupid scenario cards which make my entire army woth double points and less effective all at once, I'd prove it to everyone, so I guess I'm going to have to wait. :(

The biggest problems people site are the low toughness (just don't get charged) and the high point cost (don't fight on the entire board.. only half).

The best part of the game is about turns 3-4 on, when I get into huge combats. There's NOTHING more fun than rolling 20 dice to hit out of 1 unit!!!! It's CRAZY!!!!
VectorAWX3

Postby jchrisobrien » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:25 am

Damn, I wasn't going to play the HE until the new book came out, but I may have to bring my Necro list back for the Colonial, scneario cards be damned!

I have two weeks of training to see how I can do. You never know Nidal, people will see your list and not know what to play. You have what, a lvl4 and a lvl2? will people waste cards on that, or will they hold out for the VC lists, or tzeentch? If you have two merwyrms, they will likely draw the monster slayer cards, giving your mages free reign. With all those archers you might get a high winds cards, which again leaves your mages and merwyrms free to move.

Your army is strong in several areas, I don't think you will ever get nerfed completely.
"Play the game!" --KevinC
jchrisobrien

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy