Effectively protecting a hellcannon

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Effectively protecting a hellcannon

Postby -poxous » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:38 am

Well it was David from the TWF so ...

His version of the rules make Ed sound like GavT.
-poxous

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:42 am

Wait... it can't pursue or overrun because... it's a warmachine? Or does it specify that it can't do it? Seems to me like it shoul dbe able to do so, but then again, I'm one of those "Most Important Rule" type of guys.

Oh.. and GW says on the website that Bull Centaurs get the infantry +1 extra save for hand-weapon shield and +2 S for great weapons. Huzzah! Most Important Rule wins again!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 am

Quote:
Well it was David from the TWF so ...

His version of the rules make Ed sound like GavT.

I don't know if you caught it over there, the I chastised him mightily for suggesting that he would play an ambiguous rule two ways depending on how it benefited him.

Or at least as mightly as I can get away with over there.

He doesn't have bad rules interps. More often than not I agree with him. He's just the kind of guy that lacks any ethics to go with them, and thinks there's an undefined argument/rules deception phase that he can use to help him win.

But don't worry Todd, I've still put another checkmark down in the 'Todd insults( because he secretly loves) Ed' book.

He's the kind of guy that would tell me my fanatics definitely die when they hit a hill, but would say that it wasn't intended if it were his fanatic.

I just expect the fanatic to be pulled no matter who's it is.
mauleed

Postby AndyP » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:06 am

It seems silly but the rules don't allow the hellcannon to pursue/overrun.

I do draw the line however at opponents trying to spike the hellcannon once the crew are dead. Nobody is pulling that on me.

Andy P
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby elrodogg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:09 am

Quote:
I do draw the line however at opponents trying to spike the hellcannon once the crew are dead.

br0KEn @S$ #eLlCaNNon!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:10 am

:lol David.

One of my least favorite TWF personalities. And there's several doozies for him to compete with.

I was following the BB site for a little while until he showed up there. Never logged in again. :lol
WickerNipple

Postby -poxous » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 am

David rules. I used to play him all the time. Trust me his ideas on TWF are nothing compared to the crap he pulls in real life.

Ed I agree you not as bad as David.
-poxous

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:25 am

According to the Danes they caught him intentionally cheating at least once during the whole Polish "World Championship" thing - moving his models while an opponent was either away from a table or not paying attention.

They couldn't quite decide if they were pissed at him or amused that he fulfilled their expectations.
WickerNipple

Postby -poxous » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:55 am

Oh yea.

I caught him one time placing his weird and then I saw it again. I asked what are doing? He told my had like 6" if I set it like this and I mark where that is and place it again to see if my 12" charge is in range. I told he was cheating and he claimed the rules say premeasuring only counts if he uses a tape not his hand. I lol at him.

The dude does the skrimisher warp walk as I call it.

12345 move 6" to shoot with model 5.

then it ends up 54321. So model 1 moves like 12" and he still wants to shoot. Or he put skinks in piles on the table. So 12 of them are in a spot where only 3 might fit.

One of his lists I faced often:
5 lvl2 skinks - 4 with power stones/dispel scrolls, 1 w/ diadam

4 units of terradons
2 units of sallies
fill in the rest with short bow skinks

A real fun guy. Thank goodness the USAF took his wife to Germany.
-poxous

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy